Changes in Our Community
Hello, Career Pathways Members,
You may have seen the notice of some changes taking place in the LINCS Communities. Beginning on Monday, March 27th, LINCS communities will begin to offer greater alignment with resources addressing the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). You will see that some communities are joining others as micro-groups. The Career Pathways community is welcoming the Postsecondary Completion community as part of this alignment. Our overall focus will remain the same, but the Postsecondary micro-group will add to our discussion on creating opportunity for learners to stay engaged in post-secondary education and training.
The Career Pathways and Postsecondary micro-group topics will include:
- Coordination with education, training, and social service resources in the community
- Workforce preparation activities include activities, programs, or services designed to help an individual acquire a combination of basic academic skills, critical thinking skills, digital literacy skills, and self-management skills, including competencies in:
- Utilizing resources;
- Using information;
- Working with others;
- Understanding systems;
- Skills necessary for successful transition into and completion of postsecondary education or training, or employment; and
- Other employability skills that increase an individual's preparation for the workforce.
- Postsecondary success and completion
- Program design and Integrated education and training
- Contextual instruction
- Standards-based instruction
- Work readiness skills
- Dual and concurrent enrollment
- Flexible wrap-around services including academic and career counseling
- Stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Strategic partnerships
I am looking forward to expanding our discussions around career pathways, and postsecondary education topics, but I need your help! What opportunities do you see for our group, as we combine our collective knowledge and resources? What is your role in making that happen? WIOA's focus on positive outcomes for adult learners in career pathways and postsecondary training and education is clear. Let's make our pledge to help address the needs of learners in our programs together. I look forward to working with all of you!
Career Pathways and Postsecondary Micro-group Moderator