Department of Education Announces EdSim Challenge Finalists
The Department has announced five finalists in the EdSim Challenge, a competition to design the next generation of educational simulations that strengthen career and technical skills.
The challenge called upon the virtual reality, video game developer, and educational technology communities to submit concepts for immersive simulations that will prepare students for the globally competitive workforce of the 21st century. Five finalists were selected out of 249 submissions and announced by the U.S. Department of Education on May 9, 2017.
The finalists are:
- Care Western Reserve University: http://case.edu/hololens/
- EmbodiedLabs, Inc.: (http://www.embodiedlabs.com)
- OctothorpeLLC: (http://www.octothorpe.com)
- Osso VR Inc: (http://OSSOVR.com/)
- Smart Sparrow: (https://www.smartsparrow.com)
Each finalist will receive $50,000 and have the opportunity to refine their submission and develop a prototype, as well as receive in-kind contributions. Judges of the prototypes will select an ultimate winner or winners to receive the remaining $430,000 (and additional in-kind prizes) of the $680,000 cash prize.