JOB OPPORTUNITY - Skills Development Specialist
Submitted by CDillon on August 25, 2015 - 5:21pm
- 1403 Views
- 0 Likes
Skills Development Specialist
St. Peter, MN
$37,083 - $53,641 annually
Full-time opportunity with a unique blend of education, vocational training, and sales operations!
Minnesota State Industries is seeking a full-time Skills Development Specialist to be the primary liaison with customers and vendors, as well as coordinate operations for production, sales, logistics, and inventory. Minnesota State Industries is a vocational training program for clients that have completed a prison sentence and been court-ordered to receive ongoing treatment in a secure facility. The facility in St. Peter includes clients who have made sufficient progress in treatment to be granted a slight increase in privileges, plus individuals with special treatment needs. For more information about the products and services available through Minnesota State Industries, visit http://stateindustries.org.
The Skills Development Specialist will have direct interaction with clients through oversight of program training and educational activities, plus provide work direction for two Work Therapy Assistants, along with administrative direction and coordination for production and sales staff in raw material and finished product availability and logistics. This full-time position works Monday through Friday on the afternoon/evening shift (12 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.) and is eligible for full benefits and insurance coverage. We seek candidates with excellent communication, human relations, and customer service skills to efficiently and effectively answer questions, solve problems, drive business, and exceed expectations.
Provide therapeutic principals of positive work habits, job skill development and personal growth through the supervision and training of clients in the disbursement of orders, manufacturing processes, quality initiatives, inventory control and warranty claims for Minnesota State Industries product lines. Collaborate with customers, vendors, state agencies and private companies so that manufacturing and sales are kept at levels sufficient to sustain maximum patient treatment participation and cost effective operations. Contribute technical expertise to MSI operations in the manufacture, sale, transportation, repair, maintenance and upgrading of its product lines in a manner that facilitates delivery of treatment, therapy and education systems to clients. Oversee development and management of a record keeping system for inventory control purposes, including client’s completion of documentation for the movement of raw materials and finished product.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- Earn generous paid vacation & sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- Pension & retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare savings account
- Pre-tax benefits
To qualify, applicants must have good computer skills and a valid MN driver’s license, along with the following:
- Supervisory principles sufficient to motivate and guide employees;
- Behavior modification principles sufficient to plan and design vocational program strategies for assigned clients;
- Health care and safety needs sufficient to ensure that needs of assigned patients are met;
- Adaptive and social skills development principles sufficient to design and implement appropriate program strategies;
- Lift and carry 45 lbs. on a regular basis;
- Design and implement vocational and pre-vocational skill programs;
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing to provide the members of the treatment team with common understanding of treatment goals and implementation methods;
- Communicate with the public in negotiating contract work and the quality of assigned work product.
Experience working in a vocational program setting.
- Graphic design principles (topography, color theory, fonts,etc.);
- Adobe design programs (cs3 & cs4 design to include Illustrator, Photoshop & Indesign);
- Database programs (Filemaker Pro or Microsoft Excel);
- E-commerce platforms (online shopping carts, web store);
- Computer networks & FTP sites (File Transfer Protocol);
- Sign making equipment, such as rotary engraver, laser engraver, wide format digital printer, and/or CNC router;
- Communicate with customers regarding graphic file types & formats;
- Generate reports (line item, inventory, shipping, etc.) for e-commerce platform and forecast trends;
- Upload and download to and from customer FTP sites;
- Read and interpret financial reports;
- Train clients in the use and operation of the above mentioned sign making equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates must officially apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, but are welcome to contact the DHS Recruitment Office for more information about these positions. Please see instructions below on how to submit your resume and application. Be sure to complete this process before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21st, 2015.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Select “Applicant Help”
- Click “Apply for Jobs” to create an account and submit your resume
- Apply for job posting number: 15DHS000897
If you have questions, please contact:
DHS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, veteran friendly employer. DHS is committed to ensuring culturally responsive services and recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential. To build a diverse workforce DHS strongly encourages individuals with disabilities, people of color, Native Americans and veterans to apply.