Webinar: Managed Enrollment: Considerations for Planning, Curriculum, and Program Impact 9/24
Submitted by Nell Eckersley on September 16, 2013 - 10:41am
- 718 Views
- 0 Likes
- 0 Comments
NAASLN’s Webinar Series offers an array of hot topics. Most sessions have companion handouts and video versions available after the live webinar. Throughout each session, you can text message questions or directly ask questions, to which the presenter will respond. Upcoming sessions for 2013 are posted below.
The NAASLN 2013 Webinar Series invites you to attend...
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
1:00-2:30 PM PT, 2:00-3:30 PM MT, 3:00-4:30 PM CT, 4:00-5:30 PM ET
Description: Moving from an open enrollment system to managed enrollment in Adult Basic Education and Literacy programs is a daunting proposition. Yet, this shift in service delivery is critical as we look to implement core standards and prepare students for future careers.
• Managed enrolled uses an improved framework that can build persistence and expedite learning gains.
• Students, in need of structured learning and more in-class time, are willing to sign-up for a specific period of time rather than an open-ended obligation.
Across the United States managed enrolled is taking lots of different forms. As many mid and smaller size programs begin the change process there are so many issues that need to be addressed. This is the first webinar to begin the conversation at a national level and share ideas of both successes and challenges.
If you are in the process of shifting to managed enrollment or if you need some ideas to jumpstart your process, this webinar is for you!
Kim Olsen was an early implementer of management enrollment with over 7 years of managed enrollment experience. In this session she will provide an overview of how one program transitioned from an open-enrollment learning lab to managed-enrollment classes, including:
- Using program data to make informed decisions about policies and structures.
- Educating partners about the benefits of managed enrollment.
- Developing a curriculum that maximizes the impact of managed classes.
- Assessing the short-and long-term impact of managed enrollment on program performance.
About the Presenter
Executive Director, Cornerstones Career Learning Center, Inc.
Kim Olson has been the Executive Director for Cornerstones Career Learning Center, Inc. in South Dakota since 1994. Kim administrates five sites as part of her adult education program. She previously she spent a year as the Education Coordinator of the organization. In 2000, Kim was voted as the Missouri Valley Adult Educator and the South Dakota Adult Educator of the year.
As a certified teacher with nearly 20 years of teaching and administrative experience in adult education along with business and industry training, Kim has been a Certified Manager in Program Improvement since 2011. In 2006, Kim led an instructional team in the development of a successful managed enrollment program.
As a longstanding active board member of the South Dakota Association for Lifelong Learning since 1995, Kim has filled every administrative position. She is a professional educator, administrator, GED Examiner, and trainer.
- One hour of quality professional learning at your desk
- All you need is a computer with a speaker/mic or a telephone
- The webinars are in 'real time.'
- Most webinars will be recorded for future use by NAASLN and its members
- The sessions are presented with both an audio and visual component
- Presenters provide for participant Q & A during the presentation
- Webinar participants will receive follow-up postings on future webinars and NAASLN events
Certificate of attendance is offered for proof of professional development
Register online at NAASLNManagedEnrollment.eventbrite.com
Fee per session: $60.00* NonMember / $35.00 Member
Registration fees can be paid by purchase order, check or credit card. All credit card payments will include a small additional processing fee.
Registrations need to be submitted at least two (2) days in advance of the presentation date. ONLINE Registration will be accepted up to 24 hours before the session.
*Non-Members: The $60 webinar registration fee includes a one year NAASLN membership. That way, all of your future webinar registrations can be at the discounted member rate!
NAASLN Members: To get this discounted fee of $35.00 when you register online, use your Members Only Code. If you don’t have your code, contact us at NAASLN@kocmemberservices.com and we will send it to you. See website for details.
For additional webinar registration information contact: NAASLN c/o KOC Member Services, 1143 Tidewater Court, Westerville, OH 43082 - (888) 5-NAASLN - firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about NAASLN, please contact email@example.com