Skip to main content

#adulted #oer

Polynomial long division

So!    I'm having lots of fun with my new side gig writing supports for students with disabilities for Illustrative Mathematics' future high school math curriculum. 

They say with this edition they can't include images ... but ... it will be published as CC-BY Open Educational Resource which means that once it's "out there,"  anybody can add, modify, etc.   To that end, when it's *slightly* quiet at the regular job but not quiet enough to actually switch to working on the side one... I've put together some visuals that could go along with them.   

CrowdED Learning—Here are a BUNCH of CCRS and TABE 11/12 Aligned Resources!

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to announce CrowdED Learning has released alignment documents for a handful of high quality free and open educational resources, with alignments both to the CCRS and TABE 11/12!

Activity from "Open Your Classroom With Open Educational Resources Course"

Though I was pretty familiar with OER and searching the internet, I learned quite a bit from this course. For instance, I now know how to do more advance searches in both Google and YouTube. I also joined the OER Adult Ed group, which I am super excited about as I did not know that existed! Learning this information is great for my instruction as I will incorporate into an upcoming research lesson I am planning. This will definitely enhance my instruction!

Free & Open Resources for Academic, Employability, and 21st-Century Skills

Happy Monday!

I wanted to share something we recently launched to promote the increased use of free and open educational resources in adult education. 

CrowdED Learning just launched its first Skill Directory—a set of 11 subject-area PDFs, each of which includes a listing of comprehensive, free resources that can be used to support instruction in each subject area. Each PDF can be downloaded, or can be copied over as a Google Doc into Drive so you can add whatever additional resources you might want. 

Adult Educators: Seeking Your Input

Hello, my name is Jennifer Maddrell, and I am the founder of Designers for Learning, a 501(c)(3) that promotes instructional design volunteer service projects. We are working on a volunteer service project to create / repurpose open educational resources for instructors and learners within adult education programs.

Subscribe to RSS - #adulted #oer