Skip to main content

#adultnumeracy

The ANN Annual Conference held at the COABE National Preconference - March 31, 2019 - New Orleans, LA

The Adult Numeracy Network (ANN) presents a day of professional development with a focus on unmasking our students’ potential to learn mathematics that will prepare them for success. The ANN Annual Conference will be held at the COABE National Preconference on March 31, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana. This year our theme is Revealing a Path from Basic Math to Algebra.  We will:

5 Ways to Use Scannable Tech in the Math Classroom

Hello All,  I found this interesting article about using Scannable Tech in the Math Classroom.  I have thought about using a Twitter feed with my own hashtag for learners to post their questions to that scroll so that learners can participate with Tweets!  Has anyone used these tools?

FREE WEBINAR: Making Math Concepts Simple

COABE is having a free webinar on "Making Math Concepts Simple," here is the information:

Making Math Concepts Simple

Presented by: Anthony Chun 

February 12 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST (FREE)

Math is a subject that is very challenging to many students. This presentation will show how to teach difficult math concepts while building students' confidence and making them feel comfortable learning each concept.

Uncovering Coherence Using Area Models Webcast

• Date: 
    Monday, February 8, 2016 (All day)
Starting February 8th, LINCS will hold a three-part event on area models—visual tools that adult numeracy instructors can use to explain math topics, from whole number computation to higher-level algebra and geometry.

The “Uncovering Coherence Using Area Models” three-part event includes:

Subscribe to RSS - #adultnumeracy
randomness