Skip to main content

EBRI

As I advocate for what I know RE evidence based rdng instruction, I require confidence...

When asked for my input on online reading resources for students struggling to enter CTE programs of study, my response is below. 

Will you read my response and poke holes where you can find them? Demand clarification where I have been unclear? Tell me if my tone seems appropriate? Address how other prgms. support struggling readers when they lack standardized test score for entry into CTE programming?

I highly value the expertise in this group. 

"Thanks for asking - 

Webinar: Free Resources for Evidence-based Reading Instruction From a Distance

Hi everyone! Last fall CrowdED Learning hosted a LINCS event focused on using free and open educational resources to enhance evidence-based reading instruction with your learners. The event was spread out over 10 weeks, and the resulting OER professional development packet is available for people to access and use at any time. 

Defining Reading

The following "brief," included in our LINCS Resource Collection, was published by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education in 2012, and was, thankfully, licensed as an open resource. So help yourself to the findings. 

Newsela Gets Even Better

If you're not already a fan of Newsela for the daily updated news articles rewritten at 5 different reading levels, now they're giving the same treatment to important historical texts.  Check out the announcement at: https://www.facebook.com/notes/newsela/go-beyond-the-news-with-library/631560137004841

Subscribe to RSS - EBRI
randomness