Skip to main content

WIOA

Workforce Opportunity for Rural Communities (WORC): A Grant Initiative for the Appalachian and Delta Regions

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), in partnership with the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) and the Delta Regional Authority (DRA) announce the availability of up to $29.2 million that was appropriated under Title I, Division H of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (Pub. L. 115-141) to award funds to carry out dislocated worker demonstration projects authorized under section 169(c) of WIOA for the Workforce Opportunity for Rural Communities (WORC) Initiative grants for the Appalachian and Delta Regions.

Workforce GPS: Incumbent Worker Training WIOA Desk Reference

Incumbent worker training (IWT) under WIOA provides both workers and employers with the opportunity to build and maintain a quality workforce and increase both participants’ and companies’ competitiveness.

Federal Agreement on the State Wage Interchange System (SWIS) to Support WIOA Performance Reporting

The Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), in partnership with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Career Technical and Adult Education, are pleased to issue the State Wage Interchange System (SWIS) Data Sharing Agreement. 

Workforce GPS: Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title l Wagner-Peyser Act Waiver Request Process

• Date: 
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm

This training will communicate the requirements and process for states to request a WIOA waiver and will provide information regarding available tools and resources for developing strong waiver requests.

Using the Fair Labor Standards Act to Explore Subminimum Wage Provisions with Stakeholders

U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division guidance documents on the payment of subminimum wages under section 14(c) of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)

Using Ability to Benefit in Your Program: What is Your Experience?

Hello, Colleagues -

As you know, Ability to Benefit (AtB) is designed to reduce barriers to higher education for learners without a high school credential. It also allows adult and higher education institutions to partner in serving these learners, and better integrate their financial aid systems with WIOA.

Disclosure under WIOA: What Can I Ask?

Hello, LINCS Community Members-

A member sent me the following comment and question.  In honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month (ADEAM), I'd like to hear how your program addresses the issue of disability identification with your learners.  

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - WIOA