Skip to main content

opiods

Opioid Addiction Curriculum: Operation Prevention

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Discovery Education have created Operation Prevention's classroom resources, which provides educators with curriculum aligned to national health and science standards. Through a series of hands-on investigations, these resources introduce learners to the science behind opioids, and their impact on the brain and body.  Operation Prevention has reached over 1M individuals nationwide, and is available in English and Spanish.

Prescription Opiods Case

Greetings, all!  I'm hoping for any insight or wisdom you might have to share in this situation.  Part of our program is 1:1 tutoring at libraries around the county.  In one group, the learner was having trouble focusing and when the tutor asked, "Why?" it led to a discussion of his pain meds.  He disclosed to his tutor last week that he is on a steady dose of morphine pills and explained the specific does to his tutor.  I checked with a doctor friend of mine, and he said that dose would be high even for a dying cancer patient.  Both for my learner's health and to improve his learning in tu

Subscribe to RSS - opiods
randomness