Skip to main content

naturalization

Overview of the Naturalization Test Webinar

Just passing along info about an upcoming USCIS webinar:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invites you to participate in a webinar on Wednesday, July 15, from 2 to 3 p.m. (Eastern) to discuss the naturalization test.

During this webinar, USCIS officials will provide an overview of the test, answer questions about the English and civics components, and discuss USCIS study materials and other resources.

US Citizenship & Teacher Competencies: Special Guest-led Discussion

From June 22nd to the 24th, the Adult English Language Learners Community of Practice will host a discussion focused on teacher competencies and knowledge for teachers in adult citizenship education programs. Topics may include various examples of teacher competencies, comparing adult citizenship and ESL teacher competencies, organizing competencies into a framework, and using teacher competencies to improve instruction. 

USCIS - Adult Citizenship Education Content Standards and Foundation Skills

Let’s start by discussing one of our newest resources, The Guide to the Adult Citizenship Education Content Standards and Foundation Skills. Adult education program administrators and teachers will find this guide helpful in developing a comprehensive adult citizenship curriculum and thematic lessons, selecting textbooks and supplemental materials, and creating effective learning activities.

USCIS - Introductions

Hello! My name is Paul Kim, and I am with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Office of Citizenship. I look forward to our discussion over the next three days where we will share ideas and information about useful resources to help you prepare your students for the naturalization interview and test.

Before we begin, I’d like to provide background about USCIS, the Office of Citizenship, general requirements for the naturalization process, and the naturalization test. This should provide a helpful foundation for our upcoming discussion.

About USCIS

Adult Citizenship Education

Hello, and welcome to our discussion on adult citizenship education. This week we look forward to sharing information about adult citizenship education, the naturalization test teaching objectives, contextualized instruction and resources to help learners prepare for the interview and test, and promising practices from the field.

Today, we would like to show the general requirements for the naturalization process, define adult citizenship education, and describe the naturalization test. This should provide a helpful overview for our discussion during the week.

Subscribe to RSS - naturalization
randomness