Skip to main content

CCRS

Khan Academy Alignment to the CCRS?

Hi everyone!

As part of a curriculum alignment project I'm working on to aggregate resources and materials as they align to the CCRS, I'm wondering if anyone has gone through the work of doing a content alignment of Khan Academy that exists in Excel or CSV format. Khan provides a .csv file that lists out the alignment of all their practice content to the Common Core State Standards, but I'm wondering if anyone has taken this and adjusted it to show the alignment to the respective CCRS. 

Do CCRS Reference "Codes" exist?

Hello. I'm working on a project to add the College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) to OER Commons, and I'm looking for information on whether codes (e.g., alphanumeric identifiers) exist for the CCRS. As most of you are likely aware, OER Commons is a repository of open education resources created by and for educators. When a resource is added to the platform, the creator is prompted to align the resource with the applicable standard(s).

Tags: CCRS

Media Library of Teaching Skills (MLoTS) has added new ESOL/ESL/ELL PD Videos and Standards-based Teaching Videos

The Media Library of Teaching Skills (MLoTS) http://mlots.org has recently added ESOL/ESL/ELL professional development videos and CCRS standards-based teaching videos.  MLoTS is a collection of free adult education (ABE, ESOL/ESL/ELL and other pre-college basic skills for adults) professional development videos.

English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education

Announcing a new report released by the American Institutes for Research entitled English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards for Adult Education with Correspondences to College and Career Readiness Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy, and Mathematical and Science Practices.

CCR Standards Event

Drop in to join this critical conversation!

Event Title: Creating Questions worth Asking
Event Type: Online Discussion
Date(s): May 16-20, 2016

The CCR Standards event on Creating Questions Worth Asking will take place in the College and Career Standards group. National (English language arts) National ELA/literacy coaches Lori Forlizzi and Kate Crist will kick off the conversation with an introduction to the importance of evidence and the role of text-dependent questions.

Date: 
Monday, May 16, 2016 - 7:00am

CCR Standards Event

Drop in to join this critical conversation!

Event Title: Creating Questions worth Asking
Event Type: Online Discussion
Date(s): May 16-20, 2016

The CCR Standards event on Creating Questions Worth Asking will take place in the College and Career Standards group. National (English language arts) National ELA/literacy coaches Lori Forlizzi and Kate Crist will kick off the conversation with an introduction to the importance of evidence and the role of text-dependent questions.

Date: 
Monday, May 16, 2016 - 7:00am

New Course: Instructional Design for Adult Education Resourses

I am posting to share information about a new service-learning course offered by Designers for Learning, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This project-based course is designed as an opportunity to "gain experience for good". Participants in the free online course will gain instructional design experience, and support high quality resource development for adult education. As the final project in the course, participants will create and share open educational resources (OER) for adult education that are aligned to the College and Career Readiness Standards. 

Tags: OER, adulted, GED, CCRS

New Course: Instructional Design for Adult Education Resourses

I am posting to share information about a new service-learning course offered by Designers for Learning, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This project-based course is designed as an opportunity to "gain experience for good". Participants in the free online course will gain instructional design experience, and support high quality resource development for adult education. As the final project in the course, participants will create and share open educational resources (OER) for adult education that are aligned to the College and Career Readiness Standards. 

Learner Goal Setting to Address CCRS

Hello friends, Many of us are now integrating the College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) into our teaching. The standards require students to use academic language during in depth discussions about texts with one another. In the words of Speaking and Listening Anchor 1, learners "Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on one others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively."

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - CCRS
randomness