Skip to main content

mobile devices

Mobile app resources for emergency responders

Hello everyone,

In honor of Emergency Preparedness Month, we wanted to call out 2 newly updated resources developed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The Show Me for Emergencies and the Show Me for Emergencies: FAC apps are 2 free mobile and tablet apps that help emergency responders communicate with individuals that don't speak English, are deaf, or have cognitive disabilities. Read on for detailed descriptions of each app and links to download them!

​U.S. Mobile Device and Home Internet Use is on the Rise: Implications for Learners

​U.S. Mobile Device and Home Internet Use is on the Rise: Implications for Learners

Cooney Center Report Surveys Language, Literacy Apps

Hi all,

I just came across and interesting article, "Cooney Center Report Surveys Language, Literacy Apps" which looks at language and literacy apps for children.   While the apps in question were developed for children, some might be useful for adult education, and certainly a big component of the survey was on parents' decisions regarding which apps to download for their children and what digital devices their children have access to.

Subscribe to RSS - mobile devices
randomness