Skip to main content

COABE 2015

Science at COABE 2015

Science teaching Colleagues,

COABE Sharing -- What were your key takeaways?

Dear Professional Development Colleagues,

It was terrific seeing many of you in Denver last week at the COABE Conference! I love the networking opportunities and seeing many of you in person. I learn a lot from you all so thank you for sharing your work and expertise.

Tags: COABE 2015

Economic and Social Dividends under WIOA

An added benefit of Making Skills Everyone's Business is that "[r]esponding to this unmet demand for service would pay not only economic but also social dividends for communities." (p.7)

Questions:

What are the economic and social dividends most needed in your communities?  What resources do you need to support our collective effort for developing these dividends in your communities? Who else do we need to collaborate with in order to achieve shared goals?  

What makes adult education high quality and convenient for your learners?

One of the proposals in  Making SkillsEveryone's Business is that "...[I]f more quality, relevant, and convenient opportunities for increasing skills were available, even more adults would take advantage of them."  (p.7)

Questions:

What opportunities do you see in your communities for developing more relevant, high quality opportunities for adult learners?  What are your thoughts on how to make these opportunities more convenient for your learners?  

Catch LINCS at COABE in the Mile High City! created by LINCS_Communications

Catch LINCS at COABE in the Mile High City! created by LINCS_Communications
LINCS_Communications added the following Announcement:
Event Title: COABE Conference 2015: Gaining Perspective in the Mile High City

Event Type: In person event

Date(s): April 21-24, 2015

The sky is blue, the sun is shining, and bicycles are out en masse. Join us next week as LINCS heads to Denver for #COABE2015.

Greetings, Community Members!

Tags: LINCS, COABE 2015

Making Skills Everyone's Business

As was recently announced, the Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education has released its report, Making Skills Everyone's Business.  This document provides a framework for making adult skill development more available and accessible, and highlights the need for 'upskilling' America's workforce to meet the challenges of 21st Century skills. The report notes that,"...there is pent-up demand for education and training among low-skilled adults..." (p.7)

Questions:

Friday COABE Presentations Related to D&L

As promised, following is a list of COABE sessions that are likely to meet your interest in implementing best practices to engage diverse adult learners in literacy acquisition. These are my choices for Friday, the last day. Please note that some sessions show a crossover into technology, ESL, workforce, or testing concerns, but I only included those that also support Diversity & Literacy interests among ABE/ASE learners and those of us who attempt to instruct them!

Thursday COABE Presentations Related to D&L

As promised, following is a list of COABE sessions that are likely to meet your interest in implementing best practices to engage diverse adult learners in literacy acquisition. These are my choices for Thursday. Please note that some sessions show a crossover into technology, ESL, workforce, or testing concerns, but I only  included those that also support Reading and Writing interests among ABE/ASE learners and those of us who attempt to instruct them!

Wednesday COABE Presentations Related to D&L

The COABE gathering of pros is just around the corner. As promised, following is a list of sessions that are likely to meet your interest in implementing best practices to engage diverse adult learners in literacy acquisition. These are my choices for Wednesday. Please note that some sessions show a crossover into technology, ESL, workforce, or testing concerns, but I only included those that also supported Diversity and Literacy interests among ABE/ASE learners and those of us who attempt to instruct them!

Tuesday COABE Presenations Related to D&L

The 2015 Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE) Conference is just around the corner. Although I’m from Colorado, I still must drive over 8 hours to get to Denver.  I had my winter tires removed yesterday in favor of normal-ware tires, and my fingers are crossed!

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - COABE 2015
randomness