Skip to main content

ELA

Learner-Centered Practice

Hi everyone,

I was recently in Florida working with a group of people on learner-centered practice, and I'm following that up with this discussion - open to all!

I have two questions for everyone to get us started, so please take your pick:

1. What does learner-centered practice mean to you?

2. Can you share one learner-centered practice with us here?

Thanks!!

Marie Cora

Need help with EdTech? Join the 5-Day ESL EdTech Jumpstart Challenge!

Hello Adult ESL Instructors!

I'm launching another 5-day email training course to help instructors implement technology into their adult ESL classrooms!

Learn how to organize your tech tools, lay down technology foundations for your classroom, and scaffold the learning curve for your students in 5 DAYS.

We start MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th!

Register Here ----> https://www.edtech4adultesl.com/

Tags: edtech, ESL, ELA

Khan Academy takes on English!

Not sure how long ago this happened, but I was delighted to see that Khan Academy has started to tackle ELA. They have started off with Grammar and the parts of speech. If you are a Khan fan and always felt left out because you teach ELA, he has finally reached out to you. I am hopeful more ELA resources are available soon!

Link to Khan Academy Grammar page (Not sure if you have to be logged into Khan to get to this link)

Tags: khan academy, ELA

Reminder: LINCS CCRS Event Next Week!

Event Title: A Deep Dive: What’s Behind the New Professional Development Materials for Mathematics CCR Standards?

Event Type: Online Discussion

Date(s): April 13-17, 2015

Greetings LINCS Community,

Hope that you are participating in the current ELA/Literacy CCR Standards discussion. Up for next week is a deep dive into Mathematics!

Calling All Teachers & PD Admins - CCRS Series Coming Soon!

Event Title: A Deep Dive: What’s Behind the New Professional Development Materials for ELA/Literacy CCR Standards?

Date(s): April 6-10, 2015

-------

Event Title: A Deep Dive: What’s Behind the New Professional Development Materials for Mathematics CCR Standards?

Date(s): April 13-17, 2015

Greetings LINCS Community,

New Resources: CCR Standards-Based Professional Development

Dear LINCS Community members,

New professional development materials are now available to support your effective implementation of college and career readiness (CCR) standards. There are eight professional development units—four for English language arts/literacy and four for mathematics.  Each replicates a key activity offered during the CCR Standards Implementation Institutes, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education in 2014. 

Tags: CCR, ELA, math
Subscribe to RSS - ELA
randomness