Skip to main content

#numeracy

Webinar Follow-up: Math in Context: Math for the Workplace

This discussion will focus on questions, key concepts, and resources from the Webinar, "Math in Context: Math for the Workplace." 

Please feel free to share any questions that you have for Michael Matos from his webinar, 9/7/18, he will be responding to your comments from Sept 8 - 10.

Thank you for your participation!

Brooke Istas
Math and Numeracy COP Moderator

Tags: #numeracy

Webinar Follow-Up: The Big Picture in Math: Four Concepts the Books Need to Teach

This discussion will focus on questions, key concepts, and resources from the Webinar, "The Big Picture in Math:  Four Concepts the Books Need to Teach." 

Please feel free to share any questions that you have for Dorothea Steinke from her webinar, 8/6/18, she will be responding to your comments from August 6 to 8, 2018.

Thank you for your participation!

Brooke Istas
Math and Numeracy COP Moderator

Tags: #numeracy

Being on the margins :(

I've been following the development of math OER and there's a neat one called Illustrative Math.   It is not only open, but the activities tend to have a lot of solid concept-building in them as well as the procedural regular stuff.   Some people are even making lessons using geogebra and desmos to go with the lessons.  

Resources that offer instruction

Good day all, I was cleaning my digital library of links and trying to remind myself why I had some of the very interesting items from the Internet. In my cleaning, I came upon this resource (link will be below) I wanted to share to get feedback from others.

One Question Can Show if You're Smarter than Most U.S. Millennials

I ran across this short article from Money Magazine, "This One Question Can Show if You're Smarter than Most U.S. Millennials".  Is there something from this article that resonates or speaks to you?  How does knowing this information help direct the instruction in your classroom?

Adult Numeracy Network (ANN)

Welcome to the Adult Numeracy Network!

This is an area for both non-members and members of ANN to get acquainted and to stay connected to each other.  What is the Adult Numeracy Network (ANN)?  We are a community dedicated to quality mathematics instruction at the adult level.  We support each other, we encourage collaboration and leadership, and we influence policy and practice in adult math instruction.

Subscribe to RSS - #numeracy