Skip to main content

#math

Making Math Meaningful

Good morning, all!

I am giving a presentation on Making Math Meaningful at the upcoming Mountain Plains Adult Education Association Conference in Vegas and I could use a little feedback so that my presentation includes others' opinions and ideas.  I'll give you credit for your thoughts if I use them during my presentation.   

The ANN Annual Conference held at the COABE National Preconference - March 31, 2019 - New Orleans, LA

The Adult Numeracy Network (ANN) presents a day of professional development with a focus on unmasking our students’ potential to learn mathematics that will prepare them for success. The ANN Annual Conference will be held at the COABE National Preconference on March 31, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana. This year our theme is Revealing a Path from Basic Math to Algebra.  We will:

5 Ways to Use Scannable Tech in the Math Classroom

Hello All,  I found this interesting article about using Scannable Tech in the Math Classroom.  I have thought about using a Twitter feed with my own hashtag for learners to post their questions to that scroll so that learners can participate with Tweets!  Has anyone used these tools?

Celebrate #MathematicsAwarenessMonth - April 2015

Hello my fellow math enthusiasts,

I just learned today that April is not only #FinancialLiteracyMonth, it is #MathematicsAwarenessMonth!!  This year's theme is Math Drives Careers:

Math Drives Career graphic

One Question Can Show if You're Smarter than Most U.S. Millennials

I ran across this short article from Money Magazine, "This One Question Can Show if You're Smarter than Most U.S. Millennials".  Is there something from this article that resonates or speaks to you?  How does knowing this information help direct the instruction in your classroom?

Subscribe to RSS - #math
randomness