Funding for Adult Education Programs

Program Management Colleagues,

From time to time I come across public and private funding sources that may be of interest to adult basic skills programs. It occurs to me that -- if I know that this is of interest to you -- I could regularly post this information here. Below is an example of what this might look like. However, I need to know if this is something you would like me (us?) to do. If I hear from at least five Program Management CoP members who think this is a good idea, then I'll consider doing it. If not, I won't. Post a reply here or, if you prefer, email me privately. Thanks.

David J. Rosen

Moderator, Program Management CoP

djrosen123@gmail.com

========================================

Funder:  Housing & Urban Development 

Deadline: September 28, 2015

Grant Title: Jobs Plus Pilot 

Funding Goal: To develop locally-based, job-driven approaches to increase earnings and advance employment outcomes through work readiness, employer linkages, job placement, educational advancement, technology skills, and financial literacy for residents of public housing. The Jobs Plus Pilot addresses poverty among public housing residents by incentivizing and enabling employment through earned income disregards for working families, and a set of services designed to support work including employer linkages, job placement and counseling, educational advancement, and financial counseling. Ideally, these incentives will saturate the target developments, building a culture of work and making working families the norm.

Eligibility: Public housing authorities

Awards: $1M to $3M over 4 years.

=======================================

Comments

Colleagues,

I thought, surely, that Funding for Adult Education Programs as a topic, and my willingness to publish funding sources for adult education programs here, would certainly be of interest to the nearly 1,000 members of this group. I set the bar low, a minimum of five responses either here, or to my email address. I didn't get five responses. Why is that? Are there no program managers here? Are program managers just not seeing a need for additional funding for their programs? Something else?

I challenge every member of this CoP to reply to this message or to my email address if you prefer, letting me know: 1) why you signed up for this CoP, what you hope to get from it, and 2) why you may not be responding to posts (and pleas) and 3) if you are interested in Funding for Adult Education Programs as a discussion topic (and as a source of information about possible funding for your program.)

As the moderator of this CoP, I need this information to do a good job in meeting your needs and building this as a community. Thanks.

David J. Rosen

Moderator, Program Management Community of Practice

djrosen123@gmail.com