GED News!

From http://www.gedtestingservice.com/educators/score-changes: "GED Testing Service has recommended a recalibration of the GED® test passing score and the addition of two new performance levels. These enhancements have now been applied in most states and were made after extensive analysis of test-takers’ performance data from the past 18 months."  Please use the resources on the site to learn more about the changes to the GED® program." Read more details on the site.

I understand that GEDTS is also allowing testers since January 2014 to be grandfathered-in who earned passing scores at the new level to be eligible for their high school equivalency diploma. GEDTS will be contacting testers directly who have been impacted by this change, and has indicated that any testers that will now be considered passers and having earned their high school equivalency diploma to have their credential available sometime in March 2016.

In the Four Corners region of Colorado, we have at least one student jumping for joy, having previously scored only 148 on the LA test. He has been going through the HISET exams one at a time, across state borders, having given up on the GEFTS. Now, he's done! Leecy

Leecy Wise, Moderator, Diversity and Literacy, and Reading and Writing

Comments

Hooray for your student and many more in the same situation. I attended a webinar by the GEDTS on Tues and learned they are also eliminating the Social Studies extended response item. Seems it's so closely correlated to the RLA extended response that they decided to do away with it. They will also reduce the time needed for the SS test.

There is always hope, Leecy. And I think that keeping hope alive as teachers/administrators/PDers helps our students keep their hope alive.