Your Input Matters! How Can We Improve LINCS?

Hello colleagues, We are collecting data related to your experience with LINCS, and your input is very important. Thank you kindly for taking a few minutes to candidly respond to the questions below. If you would prefer, you can email your comments to me directly at susanfinn_mille@iu13.org.

Sincerely, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, AELL CoP

We would like to learn more about how you use the LINCS Community! Please share your thoughts on the following questions. Your input is much appreciated.

1) Please share some examples of how you are applying what you learn on LINCS.

•       Have peer-to-peer connections through the LINCS platform had an impact on your work?

•       How about specific resources that have been available on the site?

•       Please provide examples or stories so others can understand what has been useful to you and why.

2)  Does participation in the LINCS Community of Practice offer superior or unique value to you, compared to other environments in which you access peer advice or resources for adult educators?  If so, what specific benefits of the LINCS Community of Practice stand out for you and why?

Comments

The Lincs community has expanded my network of practicing professionals in the world of adult education.  I have made use of links to resources.  Most recently an information sheet on mosquitoes and diseases that they spread.  I was able to make this available to staff and students at the facility at which I work.  I follow many discussions.  The technology facilitated by David Rosen gives me a view of what others are doing and what is available.  I have put a link to the student learning portal on my website so students can easily access what is there.  I am familiar with the teacher online training resources.  I used them when they were available through the ellu website.  I know these courses to be information rich.  I have been asked to participate in a discussion of OERs, as a member of eslpro OER research group facilitated by AIR.  One issue, and I did encounter this when I tried to post a comment, is the ease of navigating the LINCS site itself.  It took much clicking to find an active login button.  Some discussions I can easily add comments to and others not so much. The wealth and scope of relevant useful resources keeps me checking back in,