Let's Meet at COABE!

Dear Community:  COABE 2016 is coming up in April.  Several LINCS CoP Moderators will be there in Dallas, including me, and we are interested in organizing some informal and engaging events to meet you.

Will you be attending the COABE conference in Dallas?  If so, are you interested in meeting others from the LINCS communities, perhaps through an organized lunch get-together, or through opportunities to meet moderators and CoP members at the LINCS table, or in other ways?

Please let me know if you will be at COABE and if you are interested in meeting moderators and other LINCS CoP members. You can email me directly or simply respond here in this forum. Hope to hear from you! Leecy

Leecy Wise,
Leecy Wise, Moderator, Reading and Writing, and Diversity and Literacy CoPs

Comments

I'll be at COABE and am looking forward to meeting the moderators face to face. We could meet up at the LINCS table in the vendor area like we did last year. I know I'll be doing at least one stint there. And besides, the LINCS table is where all the cool kids hang out. 

Sounds like a plan, Di. If enough people want to meet around food, we can plan that as well. I know I'll be hanging out around the LINCS table a lot. Can't wait to meet you. I believe that you are also presenting? Tell more! Leecy

Yes, indeed! Let's share the wealth of knowledge held in this group!

Di and others, would you be willing to provide a summary of your presentation after COABE for those who cannot attend? That would be wonderful! Leecy

I can share a summary now, since I'll probably forget to do it after the conference. My session is based on the publication Improving Adult Literacy: Developing Reading and Writing http://lincs.ed.gov/professional-development/resource-collections/profile-188 The booklet is based on the big report that came out from the National Acadamies. There's also a similar publication on Supporting Learning and Motivation http://lincs.ed.gov/professional-development/resource-collections/profile-189

Great, Mary Ann! Can't wait to meet you and Di, along with others that might join us at COABE. I've signed up to be at the LINCS table on Monday, 9:45-10:30 and on Tuesday, 12:45-1:45. Both you and Di will be presenting. Let's have a party! :) Leecy