StudentAid.gov is a new website that combines information and tools from several of Federal Student Aid’s websites to make it easier for your students to get the information they need to make important decisions about planning and paying for college.

Did you know that StudentAid.gov, a new streamlined website launched in July 2012? The new site will make it easier for students to navigate the financial aid process. Students will find information to help them prepare for college, learn about the different types of aid available, how to apply for and who gets aid, and information about repaying federal student loans. In addition, Federal Student Aid has developed the following videos and infographics which you may find useful when answering questions about financial aid.

Helpful videos

Helpful infographics

Embed our videos, infographics and Twitter stream into your site

Comments

Hi Lisa, the infographics are terrific! Thanks for bringing them to our attention. Have any of you classroom teachers in the Group used them as a discussion starter? I can imagine that they'd be great for that.

Also, it's coming up to Valentine's Day. That used to the be FAFSA deadline. What's the timeline process these days? The infographic says "as early as possible" but sometimes it helps to have a deadline to remind students to get it done.

Heidi, OVAE

Thank you for the feedback, Heidi.For deadline information, use this link http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. Here, students can enter their state of legal residence and the school year for which they are applying for financial aid to get the deadlines for federal and state, and school aid.

Sincerely,

Lisa Rhodes

U.S. Department of Education

Federal Student Aid

Hello Lisa, 

Thanks for sharing the infographics. I am planning to use these in my work as well as cross-post it on our websites for practitioners as well as students. I foresee that the Financial Aid process infographic will be very useful for transitioning adult students.

Thanks for sharing some new tools and resources, and reacquainting us with some older ones. 

~ Priyanka Sharma

National College Transition Network, World Education, Inc.