Tweeting on Exit

What do people love about Tweeting? Messages are short and to the point. You can take it in with a breath. If you Tweet, you know that you have to get to the barest expression possible to convey your message. What a great skill.

Cynthia Zafft just shared the following video, which I hope you'll take time to consider if you are an instructor. It promotes using Exit Slips, with Twitter-like messages. How might you use the technique? Give us some examples.  https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos/quick-student-assessment?utm_campaign=digest&utm_medium=email&utm_source=digest

Leecy

Comments

I often use exit slips with participants in workshops I do and find the information valuable. I like the idea of tweet length feedback as a way to get right to the point. I think a twitter length exit slip would be a cool way for students to work on their summarizing skills, too. To eliminate the need for counting characters, folks could be given slips with 140 boxes or short lines. 

Great ideas, Di. Thanks for sharing. Anyone else? Let's start a list of simple, effective, and cool ideas to implement formative assessments.

I use quizzes in many of my courses, but not for testing. I use quizzes as learning tools, something I learned years ago from a very successful geology college instructor. He would post biweekly quizzes online. Students had to complete the quizzes within a certain amount of time, but they could take each quiz as many times as they wished, until the got the grade they wanted. I do the same thing and find that students really learn from them. Leecy