Free webinar series on Building IET Programs

Hi colleagues,

Are you wondering what other providers are doing to develop Integrated Education and Training (IET) programming? World Education is sponsoring a series of 3 webinars that provide a glimpse into how 9 programs around the country are creating services tailored to their local contexts. Please join us!

Building Integrated Education and Training (IET) Programs: Tested Strategies and New Endeavors

This series of webinars from World Education, Inc., highlights 9 programs that are developing new services or honing well-established programs that integrate education and training. Drawn from around the country, these programs provide a range of models that are responsive to their contexts. Presenters will describe their local contexts and program designs, discuss the evolution of their partnerships, and share lessons learned so far.

Facilitated by: Ellen Hewett (National College Transition Network) & Andy Nash (New England Literacy Resource Center)

Register at https://weiiet.eventbrite.com

Click on each webinar for a description and list of presenters:

Implementing IET in Rural Settings - Nov. 9, 2016, 2:00-3:30 (EST)

IET within ESL Programs - Dec. 1, 2016, 2:00-3:30 (EST)

Contextualized Variations of I-BEST - Jan. 26, 2017, 2:00-3:30 (EST) 

Comments

Andy, thanks for sharing these wonderful opportunities. 

This is a great series that will promote best practices, community dialogue, and resource sharing. I would like to direct everyone to some of the LINCS Resources that provide additional information and strategies. Career Pathways Toolkit: A Guide for System Development and Career Pathways Toolkit: Six Elements for Success - Element Three: Design Education and Training Programs. There's a wealth of information in our resource collection. 

I look forward to learning from these webinars. 

Sincerely, 

Kathy Tracey

Thanks, Andy and Kathy. Would you provide a short description of what is considered Integrated Education and Training (IET) programming? Thanks! Leecy