Teacher Burnout....What do you do?

Teacher burnout occurs when we feel highly stressed and / or emotionally exhausted. Current studies and research indicate that teachers experience high levels of job related stress daily as they try to meet the educational / social-emotional / or physical well being of students. As many of us are struggling at this point of the academic year, how are you feeling? How are you dealing with teacher burnout?   

Let's share your thoughts and ideas. I'd love to hear how you are addressing teacher burnout in your world, or for your staff. 

Sincerely, 
Kathy Tracey
@Kathy_Tracey

Comments

Hi Kathy,

This topic has interested me for some time. Can you provide links or references to some of the current studies and research that you mention about the effects of teacher burnout? Thank you.

Lenore Balliro
Director of programs
First Literacy
Boston, MA

Lenore and friends, 
Message me with an email contact and I will send you attachements of the documents. My apologies for taking so long.

Please look for King, KathlenP., Ed.; Fero, Trenton R., Ed. Procedings of the Eastern Regional Adult Education Research Conference (2nd, University Park, PA, March16-18, 20) 
One of the articles in this was:  RELATIONSHIP OF TEACHING STYLE, PERSONALITY PROFILE, AND LEVEL OF BURNOUT WITH ADULT EDUCATOR EFECTIVENES Katherine L. Cason 

Try also Satisfying the Itch: Addressing Problems of Adult Literacy Problems in Adult Literacy Programs with Action Research by Drucie Weirauch, M.ED and Gary W. Kubme, D.ED
Or  Thriving with Social Purpose: A Phenomenological Investigation of Resilience and the Role of Life Meaning in a Teacher’s Decision to Remain in the Teaching Profession (ProQuest Number: 10130806 )

Regards, 

Kathy