Student database

I am researching a replacement for our home-grown Access student database.  We track student information (birthday, address, language, etc.), attendance, test scores, etc.  Any recommendations?

Comments

Hi Monique, We have been using Filemaker at my program for many years.  I find it very user-friendly, you can create layouts for any kind of data you're trying to capture, and it has lots of ways to analyze data (although I don't use those functions that much).  It's not free, but it's a good investment, in my opinion.

Monique and others,

LiteracyPro https://literacypro.com/ is a proprietary product designed to enable adult literacy and basic skills (including adult ESOL/ESL) programs to collect and report student data. I believe many programs across the country use it. It has been around for a long time, and appears to be updated regularly.  It was once described to me as a system that allows a program to enter student data once, and then to use the data to easily create customized reports for each funder depending on what that funder asks for. Anyone have experience with this product that you would care to share? Are there other proprietary products like this that adult basic skills program practitioners have found useful? If so, please let us know about them here.

David Rosen, Moderator

Program Management CoP

djrosen123@gmail.com