Student Opportunity: Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Program (MSIPP)

Hello MSCCA members!

The Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Program (MSIPP) has been created and designed to increase the numbers of minorities with science and engineering experience in areas important to the success of the DOE-Office of Environmental Management (EM) mission. MSIPP will provide financial assistance for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) activities at Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) engaged in research and related STEM efforts supporting EM’s needs. It will support collaborations between MSIs and DOE laboratories. Minority Serving Institutions are institutions of higher education enrolling populations with significant percentages of undergraduate minority students.

More information can be found here

Comments

Hello Edmund. 

Thank you so much for this notice. I planned on sending it out, but when I went to click on the approved MSIs, I was a bit shocked that Irvine Valley College was not included in the list.  Do you know how IVC can be added.  We're an AANAPISI college and are currently in our second year of the grant.  I'm the Project Director of ELEVATE AAPI @ IVC. 

Can you assist?

Regards, 

Edwin Tiongson 

ivcelevateaapi@ivc.edu

Hi Edwin, 

Thanks for your question. I looked for a contact, but wasn't able to find one so I'm not sure if IVC can be added. I will continue to look and if you come up with something in the mean time, please share.