Let's Collaborate on CCRS and ELA/Literacy!

Would you be interested in participating in a collaborative discussion to review CCR Standards related to English Language Arts/Literacy? We have a very helpful resource in our LINCS Resource Collection that could serve as your guide throughout our time together: CCR Standards: ELA/Literacy Foundational Units  - https://lincs.ed.gov/professional-development/resource-collections/profile-776.

"These training materials replicate four key activities created for adult educators who participated in three CCR Standards Implementation Institutes offered in 2014 and 2016. Taken together the activities that make up Units 1 – 4 will help participants explore what it means to implement the CCR Standards for English Language Arts/Literacy in adult education."

I propose that we start with Unit 1, with a weekly agenda that we will complete together, following the instructions in the Facilitator Guide, which is supported by PowerPoint slides and participant materials. In the process of completing the four units of the resource, I would like for us to share different reading, writing, and literacy activities in our practice, which we will together match to CCRS standards.

If you would like to participate in this collaborative activity, please respond here, commenting on your interest and offering suggestions for how we can best cover the topic.

Also, if you or someone you recommend would like to spearhead this activity, drop me a note at leecywise@gmail.com. Let's talk more about how we can effectively apply standards in fun and effective ways among our adult learners!

I will be enthusiastically awaiting your response. Thanks in advance! Leecy Wise

Comments

Leecy, your email link doesn't seem to work, either here or when posted into my own email.  I don't think I'm up for spearheading this, but I'd like to participate.  I do a fair amount of teacher training in Massachusetts, and this is an area where people are really struggling!

Wendy

Thanks for the heads up on the email address, Wendy. I blended two different addresses! Working too fast, as usual... Should work now. :)

It's fantastic that you are willing to participate in this discussion. Hopefully, we'll have others join us. We and our students can have fun, I think, even if we are dealing with standards! :) Leecy