Zoom Real-time Meeting to Learn about the Media Library of Teaching Skills

LINCS Colleagues,

I plan to set up a 40-minute Zoom (real-time, online) meeting sometime the week of November 13th or early in the week of November 20th to introduce those who are interested to a free, video-based professional development website called the Media Library of Teaching Skills (MLoTS). I will be joined by Owen Hartford, the MLoTS videographer and website designer. Owen and I are the co-hosts of the MLoTS website and authentic adult basic skills (including ESL/ESOL) classroom video project. In the Zoom online real-time meeting I will provide an overview of the website. I will then show a short, authentic classroom video (under 5 minutes) that is hosted on the website and on our MLoTS YouTube channel, and we will have a discussion about how to use the MLoTS website for adult basic skills teaching professional development.

If you are interested in joining this Zoom meeting, which will be held in an afternoon or early evening time (EST) between November 13th and 21st, email me the following information: your full name, role in adult education, (if you are a teacher) what you teach, what town and state you work in, and your time zone and I will send you a Meeting Doodle invitation. Once you get the invitation, immediately complete the Doodle. Before November 13th I will email you the chosen date and time, based on the Doodle responses, and I will include instructions on how to join the Zoom meeting.

This will be a great professional development opportunity for those interested in experiencing Zoom real-time online meetings, and/or those who are interested in the Media Library of Teaching Skills project and website, and/or for those who would like to meet other LINCS CoP members online in real time.

I hope you will be able to join us! If you are interested, email me now.

Please note that this is not a LINCS-sponsored activity.

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

Comments

Reminder:

The Media Library of Teaching Skills (MLoTS) is a free, online collection of short, authentic adult education classroom videos, with an even larger collection of links to adult basic skills (including ESL/ESOL) professional development videos. In this 35-40 minute Zoom meeting you will be introduced to, and have a chance to discuss how to use, the MLoTS website. You will also experience a Zoom real-time online meeting, a useful technology, free for up to 100 participants, and for meetings that are no longer than 40 minutes; zoom is fee-based for other variations of online meetings and webinars. It is now becoming a widely used professional development tool in our field.

If you are interested in joining this Zoom meeting, which will be held in an afternoon or early evening time (EST) between November 13th and 21st, email me the following information now: your full name, role in adult education, (if you are a teacher) what you teach, what town and state you work in, and your time zone and I will send you a Meeting Doodle invitation. Once you get the invitation, immediately complete the Doodle.

By November 13th I will email you the chosen date and time, based on the Doodle responses, and I will include instructions on how to join the Zoom meeting.

We have several people who have expressed interest, but we still have room for more.

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

Colleagues,

We will hold the Media Library of Teaching Skills Zoom meeting on two dates: 1) Monday, November 13, from 4:00 to 4:40 EST, and 2) Thursday, November 16, also from 4:00 to 4:40 EST.  If you would like to join us for one or both of these 40 minute, real-time, online meetings let me know which one(s) you plan to join. To get the information needed to join, email me your name and, if you're a teacher, what you teach, by Monday morning EST, November 13th, or sooner if you can. If you want to share this information with colleagues, please do, but also please ask your colleague(s) who plan to join us to let me know by email, and to tell me their name and, if relevant, what they teach. I’ll then be able to select a short video to show that reflects most teachers’ interests. 

The Media Library of Teaching Skills is a free, web-based collection of short, authentic adult basic skills (including ESL/ESOL) classroom videos. It's a video window on other teachers' classrooms so that adult basic skills teachers can see how other teachers approach teaching some of the same content and kinds and levels of students that they do. The videos can also be used as part of professional development courses online or face-to-face. The MLoTS website also includes a large collection of links to adult basic skills professional videos made by others in our field. It is the "go to" or "one stop" website for adult basic skills professional development videos.

Let me know, by email, if you would like to join one of these 40-minute, real-time online meetings. 

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

I just wanted to drop in to encourage everyone to attend this Webinar, which covers a valuable site that offers a large number (Lots!) of very useful videos to be used in a variety of ways to help adult ed instructors pick up new skills to work with adult learners. The next and final Zoom meeting will take place tomorrow, Thursday of this week, at 4:00 ET. Contact David (djrosen123@gmail.com) to reserve your space! I'm glad I had a seat on Monday!  Leecy