Time-sensitive: LINCS XPRIZE Adult Literacy Semi-finalist Apps Panel Discussion approval requires YOUR response now if you are interested

Integrating Technology and Program Management Colleagues,

I am considering holding a panel discussion later this winter or early in the spring with representatives from the XPRIZE adult literacy semi-finalist app teams. However, first I need to know if you would be interested. The "you" does mean you. If everyone assumes that others will respond for them, of course no one will, and there will be no panel; so, if you are interested, reply to this message or email me privately. Let me know, in a sentence or two, why you are interested and/or what questions you have, so I can pass that along to panelists if the panel is approved. Approval depends on a good response to this inquiry. I need your response by January 5th at the latest, but why not reply now?

There are eight semi-finalist apps, for both adult ESL/ESOL and adult basic literacy. The apps are being tested now in three U.S. cities: Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles. You can read more about them here.

David J.Rosen, Moderator

LINCS CoP Integrating Technology and Program Management groups

djrosen123@gmail.com

Comments

Hello David, I am interested in attending the panel. Some of the questions that come to mind are: How can these apps be integrated inside/outside of the classroom? What kind of user research informed the design the apps? Which student populations benefit the most from these apps (i.e., intended for certain levels of ESL)?

I look forward to hearing if the panel is approved. Thank you!

Hi David, I'd be interested! I've also written on a few of the apps and plan to write on all 5 (what strengths each has)- e.g. Learning Upgrade's use of video and big data, or Cell-Ed's use of texting, mini-lessons, and personalized mobile coaching, so I'll be excited to continue to track their progress. Best, Alison

Integrating Technology and Program Management Colleagues,

If you are interested in my proposed panel with XPRIZE adult literacy prize semi-finalist team representatives, I need to hear from you now, at the latest by January 5th. I have been asked to show that members of the Integrating Technology and Program Management groups are interested in this panel. A low response may indicate that there is little interest. So far, I have had only two responses. Without many more responses, it is doubtful that my request for this panel will be approved. So, please reply to this post or email me directly now if you are interested this panel.

Thanks.

David J. Rosen, Moderator

LINCS CoP Integrating Technology and Program Management grouos

djrosen123@gmail.com