How do you partner with SNAP programs to serve adult learners?

Colleagues, I invite you to review this policy review: SNAP E&T – Opportunities for Alignment with WIOA

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment and Training, SNAP E&T, is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services. As a federal program that supports training activities geared to help SNAP participants reach self-sufficiency. I'd like to learn more about what you are doing and how your program may be partnering with SNAP programs. What do these partnerships look like? What services are offered at your SNAP locations? Or are there strong referral processes? 

Consider sharing your program strategies and ideas. It may help a new program. 

Sincerely, 
Kathy Tracey
@Kathy_Tracey

Comments

Kathy, I am also interested to hear how partnerships are happening and working. I was recently at a conference and the keynote speaker said programs usually collaborate because of compliance or strategy. I think when we reach out and are strategic with our partnerships, the outcomes are better than when it is out of compliance. 

Hi, SNAP Followers -

Chrissie, I think you make a great point about the benefits of strategic partnerships, over simple compliance.  One example I've found is California's SNAP-Ed State Plan. Do we have an Californian's who can talk more directly about how this state-wide initiative is being used to build effective partnerships, that both meet compliance measures, and serve to build better opportunities for participants?

Best,

Mike Cruse

Career Pathways Moderator

Michaelcruse74@gmail.com