National Reentry Resource Center: Best and Promsing Practices in Integrating Reentry and Employment Interventions

The following recorded webinar and slides from the National Reentry Resource Center were developed with funding support from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance.

This webinar is based on lessons learned from integrating reentry and employment interventions to help people returning home after incarceration find and keep employment. The presentation is especially useful for corrections, reentry, and workforce development administrators and practitioners that are interested in maximizing scarce resources and improving recidivism and employment outcomes.

Presenters:

• Discuss promising practices for connecting people to appropriate services based on their specific risk of reoffending and the associated needs;
  • Highlight examples of integrating evidence-based and promising practices from the corrections and workforce development fields to improve outcomes for people in the criminal justice system;
  • Demonstrate the importance of engaging leadership and direct service staff in planning a systems-wide coordinated process; and
  • Discuss strategies for realigning resources to improve reentry and employment outcomes.

Members, do these practices mirror what you’re doing to support ex-offenders in your programs?  What additional resources, and practices, have you found helpful in working with this community of learners?

Mike Cruse

Career Pathways Moderator

michaelcruse74@gmail.com 

Comments

Mike - thanks for this post and your questions.  I know in our program we do not really track our inmates after they have left the prison system except through data matching.  I have spoken with Community Corrections and they have classes and counseling available for inmates who go on to be on supervision.  I think it is important to help inmates transition back into a world where you are self-disciplining yourself.  I wonder if other agencies utilize programs to help their offenders to transition...anyone?