FREE webinar about using the Math issue of The Change Agent

Hello friends!

I want to let you all know about a free webinar coming up next week! In this webinar, you will get an introduction the "Our Math Stories" issue of The Change Agent and leave with 3 interdisciplinary, ready-to-use lesson ideas that can be used as-is or modified for reading, writing, or math classes! This webinar will be useful for math, reading, and writing teachers, as it will provide you with a source of real-world, student-originated math problems that also help teach reading and writing.

Learn more about this issue by  joining us for a FREE webinar (Thurs., Sept. 27 at 3:00 Eastern Time) on how to use the Math issue of The Change Agent in the classroom:  (The webinar is free, but you must  register to participate. If you can't make the time and date of the webinar, a free recording will be available on our website.)

Meanwhile, try using this free  Lesson Packet based on a story by a student who discusses the math he used to start a poultry farm.

Questions? Contact me!
Cynthia, Change Agent editor
cpeters@worlded.org

Comments

What a fantastic resource, Cynthia. Thanks for sharing the opportunity with us. I plan to attend the session and hope others here do so as well! 

I notice that the plan has plenty of opportunities to encourage students to read, compute, and apply wonderful critical-thinking skills in completing this engaging plan.

Question:  Would it be possible for this plan to be licensed as an open resource? That way instructors and students could expand it in many ways, depending on their needs and environments. I can envision, for example, people simplifying and tailoring  the language to be used with lower-level readers or ESL students. If I can help in that regard, please drop me a note!

I also encourage LINCS members reading this to consider commenting here on possible additional writing activities related to the lesson. What do you think?

Cynthia, thanks again. I look forward to the Webinar! Leecy leecywise@gmail.com