Adult Ed Teacher Competencies tools

The Adult Education Teacher Competencies offer programs so much to discuss, interpret, assess, and prioritize. The Competencies themselves include Indicators and helpful Examples of one contextualized demonstration per Indicator. Program leaders in North Carolina who examined the Competencies last week wondered whether other tools have been developed based on this anchor document. For example, some Competencies are key for the most novice instructor, while others seem better suited for instructors with some experience in a program. Has anyone created a version of the Competencies or the Self-assessment that is roughly "leveled"? Or added an overlay to the Examples so that users can find an example of each Indicator for each content area?  Or something else? I believe a lot of sharing could happen here if someone gets the ball rolling.

Andy

Comments

Hi All, 

I wanted to share a LINCS resource relating the Adult Education Teacher Competencies. These competencies are organized in four broad domains. You can select the link to view sample illustrations that give examples of the practice in different adult education settings.

I'd love to see this conversation continue and learn how programs have (and if they have) adapted these competencies. 

Sincerely, 
Kathy Tracey