Advice on drafting curriculum to align with CCRS and TABE 11/12

Virginia Department of Corrections plans to update its academic Adult Basic Education curriculum to further align with College and Career Readiness Standards as well as TABE 11/12.  Have any other state correctional education programs recently engaged in this process?  What's your advice?

Comments

Hi Adam, 

The TABE 11 and 12 has blueprints accessible at https://tabetest.com/resources-2/testing-information/blue-prints/. This blueprint also indicates which CCRS standards is addressed. 

I hope this helps. 
Kathy 

Maryland Correctional Education, within the State prison system, aligned it's school curriculum to CCR in 2016. The new TABE ll/12 still aligns to our curriculum, however a few of the skills are now located at lower levels due to the more rigorous content tested at the lower TABE levels. We have also noticed that our students are able to pass the GED after completing what TABE now considers a passing Scale Score for Grade 6 on a D Test, versus the passing SS for Grade 8 on the A test with TABE 9/10. I would be happy to discuss our curriculum, TABE 11/12 (we began testing in July) or send you a copy. 

Danielle Cox, Academic Coordinator, DLLR Correctional Education

Hi Danielle, 

How have these shifting scores effected the classroom? Do you have more ABE classes, more multi-level classes? I'd love to hear how you are adjusting your classrooms and what your seeing in terms of level gains. 
Thanks for any insight you can share. 
Sincerely, 
Kathy