Sweet Sorrow

My dear colleagues and friends. I will be leaving my role as moderator for the LINCS Reading and Writing Community of Practice on May 31 of this year.

I have learned so very much from you - your stories, your experiences, your resources, your views, and more over the past few years. This is a farewell to my role as moderator in this community but not to my community participation! I plan to continue to share dialogues with you and with our great new moderator, especially in the area of integrating instruction that also focuses on integrating the student every step of the way!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful space with me and with one other to learn more together about how to better serve those precious adults who rely on us to provide best avenues to meet their goals in every way. 

Along with this note, please accept a virtual hug to express my gratitude for all you do to promote adult learning, including learning among adults like us who have become lifelong learners! Best wishes in every way! Leecy

Leecy Wise
leecywise@gmail.com

Comments

Leecy, thank you for your years of service in leading this discussion list! I know how hard you have worked behind the scenes, and I appreciate all your many efforts to herd us cats. So glad you will continue to be part of the conversations. Good luck with your next steps!

Amy

Thanks, Amy. I have to return deep thanks to you for all of the work behind the scenes that you did to spearhead the PIAAC Literacy Circle in our community and for authoring  Using the PIAAC Literacy Framework to Guide Instruction, around which that micro group was centered. I hope that others here will take a few minutes to explore that resource in our LINCS Resource Collection! Hat's off in your direction. Leecy

Di, I look forward to continuing our dialogues in this community. Thanks for all of your constant support, dependable participation, and wonderful help in moderating the PIAAC Literacy Circle featuring Amy Trawick and her work. You ladies rock! :) Leecy

Leecy,

Thank you for all your wonderful discussions as moderator of this group!  I look forward to your continued ideas, comments, and insights.  This forum exists because you and others offer ideas, ask questions, and share thoughts and resources for all.  Best wishes to you.  I can't wait to "see" you again!

Jeri

Leecy!!!!

Thank you for all you have done with this group to promote great ideas and resources, thoughtful discussions, and inspiration to help support instructors and learners! I've feel honored to have had the opportunity learn from you and witness firsthand your commitment and dedication to this work.

I'm so happy to know we'll still be hearing from you!!

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff, thank you for the kind words, and let me reflect those right back to you! Your work with CrowdEd and your continued contributions to adult education inspire me as well. We have a lot of rich dust to kick up in coming months, and I look forward to continuing our collaboration. More to come! :) Leecy

Leecy, We have all benefited from your keen insights and the many resources and experiences you have shared over the years. Thank you! Thank you! I'm sad to be losing you as part of the LINCS moderator team; however, I"m grateful that you plan to continue participating in our communities. I look forward to that!

Cheers, Susan 

Susan, I'll miss being part of the moderator team, too. Along with the hard work, we've shared good laughter and celebration times. I have felt honored to be part of LINCS unusually knowledgeable and collaborative moderator group. Let's keep the fires of AE burning! Thanks! Leecy

Leecy:

I want to join others in thanking you for your leadership in moderating this community. You have done an outstanding job; I believe that we have all gained from your efforts to keep the discussions meaningful! Best wishes to you--know that we look forward to continuing to hear your voice and insights through postings. .    

Thank you, Mary Ann! You have shared wonderful knowledge with us here and in conferences! I have particularly appreciated your contributions to helping instructors differentiate learning among adults, and I'm sure that you continue to add other valuable "tricks" to our field. :) Let's keep talking! Let us know what you're up to! Leecy

Dear Leecy:

You have been such an inspiration to me. I couldn't have got through my first year teaching adult ed ELA without you and the LINCS community. I, too, am happy that you will be writing in. May you have a peaceful and rewarding "retirement" far from your computer keyboard!

With love

Mardie McIlmoyl

Wow, Mardie! You have certainly brought a big smile to my face! I'm delighted to hear that we have contributed in significant ways to your thriving through your first year in the field. I will never be far away from my computer and look forward to interacting more! Keep up the good work! Thanks. Leecy