Upcoming AALPD Webinar: Help Adult Educators Set Goals for Their Professional Growth

Goals hold the power to improve our practice as adult education teachers and administrators. Setting and monitoring our progress toward professional goals are key to increasing our knowledge and skill set. But many adult education teachers fail to set goals for their own professional growth. And when they do set goals, they often confuse how to measure whether they have realized their goals: They tend to look at student performance rather than their own performance in accomplishing their stated goals.  The Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD) invites you to a webinar for program administrators and professional developers who work with staff in developing learning goals for professional growth.  By the end of the webinar, you will be able to help teachers…

• Identify the power of goal setting and the importance of having goals for their own professional growth;  
  • List the elements of a good goal;
  • Distinguish between setting student learning goals and setting a goal for their own professional growth as an adult education teacher or administrator;
  • Write a good goal for their own professional growth.

Title: Help Adult Educators Set Goals for Their Professional Growth

Speaker: Mary Ann Corley, Ph.D.

Date: Monday, August 19, 2019

Time: 10:30 Eastern 

Placehttps://zoom.us/j/831019739

If you have any questions, please contact us for more information at adultliteracypd@gmail.com. 

I hope to see you there!

Glenda L. Rose, Ph.D.
AALPD Chair 2019-2020
grose@communityaction.com

Comments

Hello,

​I really enjoyed yesterday's session. Years ago I taught in adult ed (2 years), but not I am back in the fold on the admin side and I have been researching possible professional paths. Thanks so much for helping me guide/jumpstart my goal setting.

Kelsey

Hi Laura, 

I haven't had a chance to check the recording (beginning of semester stuff), but as soon as I do, I'll get it up for you and send the link.

Thanks,

Glenda