Welcome to the LINCS Disabilities in Adult Education Group.
The group is a community of practice for adult education practitioners, researchers, policy makers, and others to discuss the needs and concerns related to serving learners with disabilities in adult education.
Group members share information, research, expertise, and resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Causes and consequences of disabilities, including learning and physical disabilities and other impairments
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals with disabilities
- Teaching practices for equitable outcomes
- Legal issues related to serving adults with disabilities
- Classroom strategies, methods and materials
- Assistive technology
- Standardized testing
As an adult ed instructor I think valuing oneself and planning , are two of the key ingredients to developing a self determined and successful individual. Short and long term goals are essential as well as evaluating them periodically. We also praise their gains & celebrate their successes which uplifts them and encourages them to continue to work hard.
I feel that all of these are important topics and all adult educators need to be familiar with them. I think I have a lot of room to grow in facilitating those with LDs and becoming more aware of the presence of them. I need to become more knowledgeable. This course is beneficial.