New, free video-based app to help learners study for the GED Math test

Hello Integrating Technology Colleagues,

CrowdED Learning and the Florida Literacy Coalition (FLC) have announced the launch of a new, video-based app they've developed to help learners study for the GED Math test! Join them for a 30-minute webinar to learn how these organizations collaborated to take existing, freely available resources from Khan Academy and organize them to make it easier than ever for learners and instructors to leverage Khan Academy to support GED Math prep. They have turned FLC's GED Math Videos website into a mobile app!

To learn more, join CrowdED Learning and the Florida Literacy Coalition on Wednesday, May 27 at 4:00 EDT or Thursday, May 28 at 11:00 EDT for their official app launch! Due to high demand, they recommend joining early on the day of the webinar for which you have registered. To sign up go to https://www.crowdedlearning.org/our-work

David J. Rosen, Moderator

LINCS CoP Integrating Technology group

Comments

I am really excited to launch this app, but I'd be remiss if I didn't give some credit to you, David! A couple of years ago, you mentioned to me I might be interested in checking out something the Florida Literacy Coalition had just completed, the GED Math Videos website. I was indeed, and we featured it in August 2018 as our resource of the month

Platforms like LINCS and the ongoing communication and idea sharing that is supported by facilitators such as you is so critical for helping keep everyone informed of the great work being done by adult ed organizations large and small around the country. LINCS has been so helpful for CrowdED Learning to connect with educators and, with projects such as this app, this has led to a number of collaborations to get more quality, free resources into the hands of adult education instructors and learners.

Were it not for you, I very likely would never have encountered FLC's GED Math Video website. So thank you for making this connection!