Coffee Break: Math and Numeracy

Hello Math and Numeracy Friends,

On July 9, 2020, we held our first Coffee Break discussion using Zoom and a few talking points about online instruction.  This thread serves as a place for us to continue the discussion on some of the topics or any new topics you would like to discuss.  

My question to the group:  Would you attend another Coffee Break?

Thank you for your participation!

Brooke Istas

Comments

Hi Brooke,

Yes, I would join. I really enjoyed the opportunity to hear from math instructors across the country. We are all looking for ways to recreate approaches we would use in a physical classroom, and it's always helpful to hear how other teachers have responded to the challenges of teaching online. I especially appreciate the informal nature of the conversation, that we're not hearing from "experts", and that the conversation is multi-directional, rather than from a presenter to an audience. I look forward to more of these.

Thank you so much for organizing this one.

Eric

Alexis,

There is a recording.  If you will send an email to Melissa Zervos, mzervos@manhattanstrategy.com, you can request a recording.  Would you participate in a coffee break?  Do you have questions that would like to discuss?  Struggles?  Successes?  I am working on another coffee break.

Hello all,

I am working on scheduling another Coffee Break.  In anticipation to our next session, I am going to share the purpose: 

The coffee break activity gives practitioners the opportunity to network with others to discuss how they are getting along during the COVID-19 pandemic. They will be invited to discuss how they are maintaining connections with students and how they are supporting students’ learning via distance.

These coffee breaks are intended to support teachers during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide:

1) peer support and live engagement opportunities with professional peers,

2) ideas, tips, and strategies for delivering high-quality online instruction, and 

3) ideas, tips, and strategies, for wellness during this period.

Several of the participants said they would like an opportunity to ask questions prior to the meeting, so let's start these questions, thoughts, etc.

See you soon,

Brooke