online TOEFL resources?

Hello colleagues, I wonder if anyone can recommend some useful and free online resources for students who want to take TOEFL. Thanks for your suggestions!

If you have resource recommendations to prepare for the Pearson Test of English, please share those as well.

Take care, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, English Language Acquisition CoP

Comments

Hi! There is a database available through local public libraries that may be of use to students preparing for the TOEFL. Testing and Education Reference Center gives access to many TOEFL prep resources for both the internet and paper based TOEFL. Resources for the paper based test cover reading comprehension, vocabulary, and structure and written expression. The database also gives access to TOEFL ebooks for studying. I recommend checking your local library to see if they subscribe to this database or to another that might include TOEFL preparation tools. All a student would need is a library card and internet access.   

Hi Lacey, Thanks for the good suggestion to check with the local library to see if they subscribe to the relevant database. It's my understanding that the paper-based TOEFL is not available in the United States. The paper version is quite different from the iBT (internet-based test), so teachers should be sure to let students here know that they need to study for the internet-based TOEFL.

There are some useful video tutorials available for free which teachers can use if they are teaching TOEFL and/or to share with students. For example, here's a link to Noteful's YouTube channel that features dozens of videos on TOEFL topics.

Members, please let us know of additional TOEFL resources that you consider useful.

Take care, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, English Language Acquisition CoP