Online Course: Using Writing Prompts to Teach Energy Literacy

Have you used or do you plan to use writing prompts while teaching energy literacy content? If so, share your ideas with your colleagues who are also taking the Teaching Energy Literacy to Adult Learners Online Course. 

Note that using writing prompts with complex topics such as energy can be used to support English Language Arts College and Career Readiness Writing Anchor Standard 1: Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence. 

Comments

Thanks, Jessie. I suspect this resource will be widely used. Just here in the Four Corners, we are implementing a STEM Prep project that will prepare students with low academic skills to succeed in training to enter energy occupations in the region, especially those in oil and gas.I suspect that the course will relate to those needs. I look forward to reading the TOC. Way to go, LINCS!

Leecy
Moderator, Reading and Writing Community

Hi Iola,

We so appreciate your response here!  

Community members, what are some of your favorite writing prompts or resources related to writing prompts?

One favorite site I have recommended for years is this one.  

Thanks in advance for sharing your favorites!

Steve Schmidt, Moderator

LINCS Reading and Writing Community