Pell Grant Funding Restored to Offenders

In case you've missed this, the new stimulus package restores Federal Financial Aid for offenders. So I'd love to hear how we can increase IETs in corrections or work to transition our students into post-secondary education. 

How do you see this restoration of Federal Financial Aid impacting your students and your program?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Kathy Tracey

Comments

Hi Chrissie, 

RTI, an independent non-profit research entity, is crafting a working paper showcasing models for  IETs. As soon as their paper is complete, it will be shared here, but I agree- I'd love to hear what others are doing. 
Kathy

Thank you, Kathy, for mentioning the IET in Corrections initiative that RTI is managing on behalf of OCTAE. The initiative will be supporting (1) a series of webinars in the winter/spring of 2021 that will share findings from the paper and will prepare states and their local programs to apply for a 1-year pilot; (2) technical assistance for approximately 6 sites selected to participate in the pilot; and (3) dissemination activities that will include a convening and an IET in Corrections manual. More information about the webinars and pilot will be shared soon on LINCS, so stay tuned!