Greetings! Thoughtful Reponses Requested

Greetings All!

I am very excited to moderate LINCS' PD Community. Please remain patient as I navigate my newest foray into moderating. As I mention in more detail in my "about me" section of my profile, I do not pretend to know all the answers, but believe together we can identify potential solutions. 

My first questions to you are below and will assist me with a better understanding of topics of interest to you, your colleagues, associates, leaders, etc.

Infobesity, infoxication, information anxiety...defined as difficulty understanding an issue and effectively making a decision when one has too much information...excessive quantity of daily information. (Wiki)

It's my impression that since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to rely on remote communication and learning that we have been, in some instances, overwhelmed with opportunities for PD from great sources! However, because there is so much information and PD available, sometimes it's hard to pin down what topics are most relevant to us and/or need more in-depth attention. 

What topics rise to the top for you? What topics would you like a deeper dive in examining? What types of formats do you prefer, e.g., quick bites of germane information, discussion threads, webinars (synchronous or a synchronous), others?

Thank you very much for your input.

Comments

It's great to have you as a LINCS moderator focused on a topic for which you have such vast experience, Jacqueline! Thank you for acknowledging how overwhelmed we all feel due to COVID. I look forward to learning a lot from you and the other members of the Professional Development Community.

Take care, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, English Language Acquistion CoP

Across the nation states have acknowledged, including Kentucky, that adult education enrollment is down. There are a variety of reasons that have been expressed by educators and students, e.g., access to technology and/or digital skills, prioritizing children's education over their own, layoffs, underemployment, if they are employed, childcare, etc. Suffice it to say that many of us are feeling overwhelmed in a variety of ways including information overload.