New Moderator

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Hello, Science Group Members. I am your new moderator, Lizelena Iglesias. I am a lifelong learner with 14 years of experience in the Adult Education field and I am always looking to expand my view through study and collaborating with others. I would love to know what topics in the field you find especially interesting or relevant. I have a particular passion for promoting educational equity and opportunities for low-income students and students of color through capacity development.

Your participation is important in creating a robust learning experience for our community of practice, so while I will often post links to interesting resources, articles and discussions, I also hope you can do the same.

I am excited to work with everyone and I’m eager to see the doors we can open together.

Comments

Welcome Lizelena!  I look forward to the resources you're going to share and the discussions on this list.  I'm particularly interested in the use of technology in Science instruction and STEM as a way of thinking about problem solving.

best,

Nell

It's wonderful to have you as a LINCS moderator focused on a topic for which you have such vast experience, Lizelena! I look forward to learning a lot from you and the other members of the Science Community.

Take care, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, English Language Acquistion CoP

Welcome Lizelena!

I'm most interested in anything related to scientific method/experimental design.  That's what I feel my science students need the most to be successful on the GED and in post secondary classes.  (Plus, it's just interesting!) However, it is addressed very little in the materials we have.  I'm always looking for new resources and ideas to add to our collection.