Register for the Teaching Skills that Matter Virtual Conference June 15 and 16!

Hello colleagues, I've been involved in OCTAE's Teaching Skills That Matter (TSTM) initiative for the last two years. I can tell you that TSTM is an amazing project that focuses on 9 central skills that all adults need throughout our lives, 5 topic areas (Digital Literacy, Health Literacy, Civics Education, Financial Literacy, and Workforce Preparation) and 3 instructional approaches (project-based learning, problem-based learning and integrated and contextualized learning).

Through TSTM we have had the great pleasure to support wonderful teachers from 23 states to deepen their instructional practices, and these teachers have demonstrated observable increases in learner engagement. 

To learn more about TSTM, consider registering for the TSTM Virtual Conference to be held June 15 and 16. Here's the link to register.

You can read a bit more about the TSTM Virtual Conference here.

Cheers, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, English Language Acquisition CoP

Comments

Susan and readers,

I was very happy to attend several sessions of the conference, and learned a lot about this initiative.  I am sharing the resources with my on-site colleagues too. 

I am working virtually right now, but will soon be doing a hybrid model, so I am especially grateful for the tools that can be used asynchronously, and the digital literacy piece.  Being able to access the content I missed after the fact was a boon I didn't expect.

Thank you and the other presenters put in to get this important work out to others in the field, it was good to feel connected for a bit, and see some familiar faces too!

Cathie