Gifts for the holiday season!

It's the holiday season and a time for giving. So in the spirit of the holidays I am asking the Correctional & Reentry Education Community of Practice to share a favorite quote, a must read book, a resource that is awesome, or send the gift of LINCS to a friend or colleague by sending them to www.lincs.ed.gov to register.

I can start us off with a few gifts for you:

1- One of my favorite quotes: "In the end we remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King, Jr.

2- Must read: The Second Mountain by David Brooks and Think Again by Adam Grant

Happy holidays and looking forward to everyone sharing this holiday season. 

Jeff A

Comments

1. "We strive for excellence, not perfection"

2. "The difference between misery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention"

3. Must read: Mathematical Mindsets by Jo Boaler and Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell

My book suggestion (just came out) is The Adult Side of Dyslexia. An absolute must-read for anyone who teaches or deals with adults with dyslexia.

Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and safe New Year. I am excited about 2022 and looking forward to looking back at 2021 and our highlight reel.

Please feel free to share any highlight from the past year and I will make sure that I include in them in our Year In Review Event in January.

Be safe!!

Jeff A