Happy New Year's Resolution Time! Which Ones Are You Making?

Hi Colleagues,

January is New Year’s resolution time, so let’s make some! My resolution goes back to one of my favorite quotes which is from Maya Angelou: “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”

In 2023, I resolve to know better. What will this look like for me?

I resolve to know myself better and be true to myself. I will respect my limits. I will realize the importance of boundaries. I will make my no mean no, and my yes mean yes. I will continue to work on my spiritual, emotional, and physical health.

I resolve to know better in my relationships with those most important to me. I will carve out time to show them they matter and be authentic with them. I will give them my best self which they richly deserve.

I resolve to know better professionally. I will work hard to become more knowledgeable and apply that knowledge in service to others. I will strive to live up to the Dorothy Sayers quote, "Work is the gracious expression of creative energy in the service of others."

What New Year’s resolutions are you making? What will it look like for you?

I hope one of them is to post more in our community!

It’s always great to hear from you,

Steve Schmidt, Moderator

LINCS Reading and Writing Group

Comments

Steve, this is so inspiring! I love how broad and yet specific your vision is for 2023. I may end up stealing this for myself! ;)

As an educator, I strive to both be a lifelong learner and inspire lifelong learning by letting students know that there are many ways to learn! I hope to ignite this passion in others more in 2023.

Cheers, everyone!