Please help with the Practice Evaluation!

Where do I find the discussion thread Practice Evaluation:  Science for the OER Commons assignment?

Comments

Hello!  Are you taking the LINCS Online Science Course #2?  If so, are you working on Session I: Scientific Practices in Context: resources for contextualized science lessons?  If that is your concern, I can see how you are not able to find the place to answer the questions,  as there is no link to it within the lesson.

Check out the discussion thread posted by Dorjan Chaney on June 13, 2013.  It has a long title: LINCS online course--Scientific Practics in Context--Curricular Planning.  Perhaps the comments were intended to be posted there.

If you are looking for a different evaluation, please let me know.  In the meantime, I will follow up with more queries.

Susan Cowles

Danielle, thanks for your post.  I am trying to find out more information about this problem.  I've asked a few people about this matter, and I'm waiting for replies.  In the meantime, could you please tell us which project are you working on?  It doesn't sound as if you are taking the LINCS Online Science Course #2, right?

Susan

Greetings, again, to those of you trying to post an evaluation of a website.  You are welcome to post comments about any resources here, and we'd be happy to read them.  In the meanwhile, I'm still trying to sort this out if this is an assignment.  So, what is this website and how do you like it?

Cheers, Susan

It can be challenging to find the private groups in the LINCS Community. I usually log in and then find the tab "My LINCS" along the top. Then I choose Groups to find both the public and private groups to which I belong.

Hello all:

Several folks have referenced the Open Education Resources to Support Adult STEM Teaching and Learning project funded by the US Office of Vocational and Adult Education in this thread. You can learn more about the overall project through this link: http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/sectech/factsheet/open-education-resources-stem-teaching.html.  The goal of our project is to ehance teaching and learning of STEM through the use of open educational resources (OERs) in adult education.

We are fortunate to have 24 enthusiastic science and mathematics adult educators in our current user groups. These user group members will find science and math OERs, use them for teaching and learning with adult learners, evaluate those OERs using the Achieve Rubrics on OER Commons (www.oercommons.org), and share information about the OERs and their experiences using them on a private LINCS community dedicated to this group.

Soon we will post more information about the project on LINCS and we will continue to update the field with information about the project, resources related to STEM OERs, and other products generated by this project. Please feel free to contact our team with questions or comments at OERSTEM@air.org.

Best, Dahlia

Dahlia M. Shaewitz

Project Director

STEM Open Educational Resources (OERs) for Adult Education

American Institutes for Research

1000 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW | Washington, DC 20007

Tel: 202-403-6840 | Fax: 202-403-5001  |  Email: dshaewitz@air.org

Thanks, Dahlia, for this comprehensive update of this on-going project!  We look forward to the project results and reports!

Cheers, Susan