2014 Testing Landscape. high school equivalency assessments

Did you attended the 2013 GED Conference in Baltimore, Maryland from July 15-19th, please tell us about it!

In a couple of short months the testing landscape for adult education may change tremendously.  The GED 2014 is coming to most states, and it is said to have some pretty significant departures from the GED that we are used to.  In addition, an even bigger change is that some states may be departing from the GED altogether in favor of adopting different testing formats. 

• Were you at the 2013 GED conference? Share with others your takeaways.
  • Do you know about any of the alternative tests that are coming out?
  • What is your state/program doing to prepare for the new assessment? Please fill us in.

Comments

I wasn’t at the conference, but I did attend a panel presentation on July 17, here in DC, sponsored by the Academy of Hope (http://www.aohdc.org/Default.aspx), a community-based non-profit organization that provides GED instruction to adults.

The following were some of my takeaways:

The new GED test, which will be used beginning in January 2014, will differ from the current GED in the following ways:

• Rigor of test: more content knowledge and more application of content knowledge through use of critical thinking skills

• Computerized format, including registration

• Cost will rise from current $50 to $120

• The new GED test will give a score/report both on the content, and on the career and college readiness of the test taker.

What thoughts do you have on this new GED?

Will your state be using it or will it use another high school equivalency test?

Do you have any concerns about the new test regarding English language learners?

Like Dorjan, I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Miriam Burt

In Arizona, we have been studying the new test and comparing it to the old one over the past year. From what I can tell, the new standards appear to be about two years above the present test and AZ State standards. However, at our last meeting in May, the AZ Department of Education suddenly decided to pull back from the new test and study the options. I haven't heard anything since then. 

Our classes start in about two weeks, so we will be feeling our way until some decidsions are made. I will be teaching the ELL GED class. I will be glad to share anything I find.

Good luck all!

Holly Ueda 

Hi, all.

The recent posts to this discussion thread prompted me to scroll back through the earlier conversations to see what had been said about English learners and high school equivalency exams. I found this one by Holly about the ELL GED class she was going to teach in Arizona about four months ago. I'm wondering how it went?

As we are the adult ELL list, I think it would be good to talk about the issues related to English learners and high school equivalency certifications,  So, Holly and others, I'm wondering,

1. What have you found to be the issues when preparing English learners for the new high school equivalency exams?

2. What strategies have you found to be useful?

3. What resources do you recommend?

Hoping to hear from you...

Miriam

Mr. Dorian Chaney raised this question, but I am sending this information to everyone to know.  Regarding GED 2014, Florida is not using an alternative test.  The four best sources for information on the new 2014 assessment are:

1.Florida Department of Education Curriculum Frameworks for GED are posted:

Go to http://www.fldoe.org/workforce/dwdframe/ad_frame.asp

Frameworks are there for: GED Reasoning Through Language Arts, GED Science, GED Social Studies, and GED Math Reasoning

2. the Official GED site at the Florida Department of Education

Go to http://ged.fldoe.org

3.At the DOE Office GED website is also a link to GED Testing Service (GEDTS)

4. Florida TechNet Calender lists previous and future GED trainings. There will be some this fall, so please check the calendar regularly.

Go to http://www.floridatechnet.org

Go to the black banner at the top of the page and click on "calendar" in white letters.

Hi Dorjan,

Previously, I have suggested that we invite a staff member from the GED Testing Service to speak to our group about the disability related changes expected for the new GED Tests.

Are there group members that are interested in this ???

Rochelle Kenyon, SME

I know that some GED instructors in our program are very concerned about how testing accommodations for students with disabilities will change with the new test and how the process for requesting accommodations will change as well. I think we would appreciate some input from someone from GED Testing Service!

Hi Rochelle and Andrea,

In 2011 and 2012, GEDTS staff were guests on the NIFL Assessment Discussion List and the information and transcripts are available: 

A Conversation about the GED 21st Century Initiative ™: Moving from GED® test to a career and college ready assessment system

https://lincs.ed.gov/lincs/discussions/assessment/11GEDinitiative

The Assessment Guide for Educators: A conversation about the resource with GED Testing Service®

http://lincs.ed.gov/lincs/discussions/assessment/12ged_transcript

Both transcripts are divided into topics and include some intense discussion in particular on the switch to computer.  Accommodations are also addressed.  

Hope this helps!  Let us know if you have further questions or comments!

At the present time, California is going with the GED testing service test, but I understand that they are also looking at alternatives. Though, there has not been a lot of information about how to implement instruction. The only publisher that I found with specific material addressed to the GED test is New Readers Press. I am curious if other states plan on adapting McGRaw Hill and Steck Vaughn Material for instruction.

I reviewed the material on accomodations and I find very limited. Any more information about how I person can qualify for a paper and pencil version of the test and if there is one available would be helpful. Also information about voice recognition would be helpful.

The information from other states has been helpful. Thank you.

Debra, you and others have written about your concerns about accomodations for the 2014 exam.  Has your state office of adult education provided you and your colleagues with information regarding accomodations for this new assessment?  Are there trainings scheduled throughout the state on these changes?  I realize that the focus will be on the current test format for the next few months, but we could all learn from training plans in each state and territory.

Cheers, Susan

Debra and LINCS community:

About which publishers are offering 2014 GED prep materials... It's definitely understandable that it would appear that few publishers are offering resources for the 2014 GED test. The competition around high school equivalency credentialing has created uncertainty which translates into trepidation.  That said, some publishers are sticking their necks out. 

Essential Education's GED Academy is adding updates for the 2014 tests, including computer skills lessons for computer-based testing.  However, our existing lessons already alighn to Common Core and build 'Depth of Knowledge,' ideal for a reasoning skills test like the 2014 GED.  We're also offering our 2014 GED Test Curriculum Blueprint to help teachers adjust their classroom instruction for the new test.  Please email info@essentialed.com with the name and location of your adult education program if you'd like a copy of this resource.  We're getting great reviews on this 2014 Blueprint (I call it a Cliff's Notes vesrion of the GED Assessment Guide) and many teachers I speak with report that they're sleeping better at night after reading it. 

Essential Education has a series of three interactive workbooks going to print over the next few months and available for pre-order: Essential Reading Skills, Essential Math Skills and Essential Writing and Language Arts SkillsBonnie Goonen and Susan Pittman-Shetler, trainers for GEDTS, are senior consultants on these new workbooks. They're appropriate for the 2014 GED, the TASC, and HiSET exams.  Please email info@essentialed.com with the name and location of your adult education program if you'd like to see some workbook samples.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify the issue of publisher offerings.

Jason Guard

Essential Education

jason@essentialed.com

Hi Debra,

I am trying to start a new discussion thread for this topic of GED Prep.and Accommodations.  Will you re-post you message as a new discussion thread  that I have copied below and include what other helpful information you received from other states:

I reviewed the material on accomodations and I find very limited. Any more information about how I person can qualify for a paper and pencil version of the test and if there is one available would be helpful. Also information about voice recognition would be helpful. The information from other states has been helpful.

Thank you.

Rochelle Kenyon, SME

We are beginning to organize our workshops on the GED. Previously we presented information on accomodations. Our site is no longer a test center . So I also need help on information on how students should submit for accomodations.  We have notyet heard specific information from our state.  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks you!

Debra

These excellent comments point to several issues and needs for information regarding the GED 2014.  Please continue to tell us what is going on in your program, state, or territory.  Please join this discussion!

Another consideration:  Has your state decided upon alternative assessments to the GED in order to measure a person’s competence relative to the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education as well as to high school equivalency?

Is any state going to use high school equivalency assessments based upon the knowledge and skills in the Common Core State Standards adopted by 46 states in 2010 for K-12 programs?  Are there any such assessments now?

Does anyone know about assessments based on the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) or the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium ? 

Susan Cowles

Susan and others,

A few states have chosen alternatives to the GED test (New York has chosen the McGraw Hill TASC; Montana, New Hampshire, and I think at least one other state have chosen the ETS HiSet) . Other states (California, for example) are in the process of changing their legislative language from "General Education Diploma" or "GED" test or exam to "high school equivalency" exam so that they could choose other assessments if they wish. A few states (for example, last I heard, Massachusetts) have not yet made a decision yet.

Makers of all three new tests (GED, TASC and HiSet) have said they are based on the Common Core State Standards, and in some cases other standards such as college and career readiness. The GED, at least, has said it has also taken into consideration the standards of states like Texas which have not adopted the CCSS.

To date, I haven't heard that any state has chosen the PARCC to assess adults, although I wouldn't be surprised if some states do.

I would like to hear from GED science teachers what they see as the most important changes in the 2014 HSE science tests, for any or all of these these tests.  How are you planning to prepare students for the HSE science test?

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

My understanding is that the HiSET has been adopted by at least four states:  Montana, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and Missouri. You can learn more about the development, content, preparation materials, and other information regarding the HiSET assessment at the following website http://hiset.ets.org/ The U.S. Department of Labor also hosted a webinar that both Educational Testing Service (ETS) and McGraw-Hill participated in (GEDTS was unavailable) and I am providing a link to that information as well https://www.workforce3one.org/view/5001311548292097035/info

You will need to create an account on Workforce3One in order to access the webinar--I found it very informative to be able to compare the assessments with these recent changes to the landscape of high school equivalency testing.

Michelle 

It was announced on July 19th that Iowa is going with ETS/HiSET. That makes 5 (more?). I think that Pearson Vue/GEDTS overplayed their hand thinking that everyone would automatically choose the GED. That's why all their stuff is so expensive (example: $4 for each time a student wants to take an official practice test and over $100 to test). ETS (which makes the TOEFL and GRE tests, so their repuation is good) will cost about half that, and practice test are inexpensive and reusable.

I'm betting that a lot more states will adopt the HiSET.

Hello Jon,

I just want to add that the HiSET™ program has a free practice test for each content area available on the website at the following location  http://hiset.ets.org/states_educators/about/test_preparation/ ETS will be adding additional practice tests in November 2013 that will be at a cost of $7.50 each. ETS also provides sample questions for each content area of the test. The $50 testing fee for either the paper- or computer-based format includes everything from registration to scoring (with free printable transcripts available at any time to the student, adult education program, and testing center and state). The student is also able to take up to two retests within 12-month period from the original testing date at no additional cost.

Has there been any discussion of whether states/schools/employers will honor different tests given in other states? For example, if a student passes the HiSET and then moves to a GED state or vice-versa, will that credential be honored? Does anyone know if that decision would made at the state level or on a case-by-case basis?

Rachel

Hi,

Strange to reply to my own post, but I thought others might be interested in what I learned.

This topic came up again recently, and my supervisor reminded me that when students pass the GED test, they are then issued a state (or in PA--commonwealth) diploma. I understand that in some areas, people may even be able to change these into district high school diplomas. The upshot is that in most cases, the employer will not see which test was taken, and since all 50 states agree to honor each other's diplomas, there should be no problems for graduates who cross state lines. (By the way, this currently applies to those who take the test in Spanish or French--the test language is not recorded on the diploma itself.)

There will be a visible difference, though, for students entering higher ed, or who need to provide a transcript for another reason. The transcript will include the name of the test and the scores earned on each test section. (The test language, if not English, is currently printed on the transcript, and I expect that would continue to be true.) Colleges will continue to set their own admissions criteria, so it's possible that some colleges might prefer one test over another or set their own minimum scores, the same way some colleges currently prefer the SAT or the ACT. I'd imagine that most two-year or tech schools will accept a passing score as sufficient.

I hope this helps,

Rachel

Yes, I attended the conference and it was just good. All the instructors were great. My all the doubts regarding GED test prep was cleared. Thanks for your valuable suggestions and time.

I attended the GEDTS national conference as an exhibitor, and I've been sharing numerous take-aways with my clients in the mid-Atlantic region ever since.  So, I'll share some of those here as well:

For starters, the attitude of the attendees seemed pretty upbeat and GED administrators showed optimism and resolve for seeing 2014 GED implementation through, regardless of the decision-making process between competing exams that was playing out back in their home states. Especially encouraging were the demonstrations of the "MyGED portal" that tracks tester progress while offering resources and feedback through the credentialing process.  It seems like a stronger support system than most states currently have in place and an appropriate use of learner-centered technology.

• GEDTS says they will start offering their new 2014 practice test called GEDReady in November on their website directly to testers for $6-7 per section. Testers will take the test and find their scores on their new MyGED portal. The scores will give red/yellow/green indicators next to each GED Assessment Target. Testers can select a publisher's product to get a prescription of which lessons to work on and links to find their local adult ed program. 
  • Publishers will be selling vouchers for the practice test for a minimum of $3.50 per section (my employer Essential Education, will likely be charging $4 per section).  Some publishers might roll the cost of the GEDReady test into the cost of their own products.  Scores will show up on the MyGED portal and all the predictive/diagnostic/prescriptive info will be included (lesson prescription will default to whichever publisher from whom the GEDReady voucher was purchased (but learners can also choose their prescritive alignment from a menu).
  • There will probably only be two versions of GEDReady produced for use in the first six months of 2014, and GEDTS said they fully expect other publishers to create and sell their own practice tests that can serve as a supplement assessment.  For instance, Essential Education currently offers a practice-test-only version of GED Academy with unlimited seats for $500, which seems to offer some solace to adult education program managers who are worried about this new budget item.
  • GEDTS said they will be posting a free 2014 practice test on their site in September.  It will be predictive, but not diagnostic nor prescriptive. This should be satisfying for all the teachers who prefer to work backwards from the test to create their learning plans.

If any of this info needs correcting, please chime in. I took careful notes, but I'm sure many of these details could use some clarification and some things may change over time.

Jason Guard

Essential Education

jason@essentialed.com

Hi Jason,

One little note about the free practice test. The official practice test (GED Ready) will be half the length of the actual test. The free practice test will be half of that--or a quarter the length of the actual test.

Despite being short, I do think that programs and students will find it useful. It may be a good way for students who think they are ready to test to find out if they really are.

Terrie Lipke

tlipke@proliteracy.org

New Readers Press

Dirk (and everyone else on the edge of their seats, myself included).

In July, I heard it announced by GEDTS representatives that their plan was to release a free practice test in September.  Just now, I followed up with a question about the date and was told to stay tuned to the following site for updates and announcements: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/educators/home

To be completely honest, I find that only a small percentage of the adult educators that I work with in the Mid-Atlantic region have scrutinized the GEDTS website very deeply. New stuff seems to appear there often. Most of the answers to the routine questions that I get about the GED Ready practice test, the MyGED portal, or system's diagnostic/prescriptive elements can be answered by clicking through this site right here: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/educators/home

That said, I too really hope we get that free practice test soon. It's still September, so they may still be on target, but 2014 is going to be here before we know it!

Jason Guard

Essential Education and GED Academy

800-390-9307

jason@essentialed.com

Yesterday, the GED Testing Service released a free 2014 practice test on their website.  Have you take it? What did you think?

A few things to note before diving in for the first time:

• The test is about quarter-length, so half the length of the GED Ready (OPT).
  • It's web-based, so probably not something programs can print and use as a skill assessment.
  • Gives an alignment of the problems to the 2014 GED Assessment Targets.
  • It's not predictive of one's ability to pass the GED test
  • GED Ready will be released in late-November (to learners through the GED Marketplace and in bulk to adult ed programs several distributors, including my company)

A couple observations:

• Working through this practice test was not the strenuous (humbling) exercise that I experienced going through the Item Sampler this past spring.  The Item Sampler questions were not representative of the level of rigor that testers will encounter in 2014, but this free practice test does seem to be the result of a norming process.
  • The test seemed to lean slightly toward word-problems and text-based content (and maybe standard multiple choice questions in general) more so than  graphic literacy or overly-complex diagram formats (though the new formats are certainly present).   

Overall, it seems fairly traditional and straight-forward to me.Of course, there's only so much we can infer from a quarter-length test, so please take my conclusions with a grain of salt.  I'm curious to hear from others. Do you feel like 60% of graduating high school seniors could pass this free practice test? (even though the test gives no score and is not meant to be predictive)

Here's the link to the test again:  http://www.gedtestingservice.com/educators/freepracticetest?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Non%20TT&utm_content=2014+Countdown

(I posted this as a comment in reply to an older question about this, but it could probably use its own thread)

Jason Guard

Essential Education

jason@essentialed.com

I was excited to visit gedtestingservice.com yesterday after receiving GEDTS's email regarding the new, free, quarter-length practice test. Upon viewing the free practice test I was immediately disappointed, offended and quite frankly disgusted that GEDTS would insult the adult education world's intelligence by rebranding the Item Samplers as the practice test we've been so eagerly awaiting.

Feel free to look them up side-by-side, question-by-question for each test as I did (the Item Samplers are still on GEDTS's website)... you'' find that there is literally no difference between the Item Samplers from June and this practice test. Why the fanfare and why the need make a 100% identical copy of the item samplers but with a different title page? I suspect they just wanted to give us something to chew on until they can actually have something of substance to release.

To me, this calls in to question the norming process of the test. The norming process, we were told, would be taking place during the summer. If these exact same questions that are now being called a practice test were written, programmed and released in June then just how much time was devoted this summer to identifying and testing graduating high school students? 

I don't mean to be overly negative or cynical, it's just that I have yet to be anything but disappointed by GED Testing Service. 

-Dan

I just went back through the Science Item Sampler. No wonder it seemed easer!  I'd done most of those problems before.  Am I on Candid Camera? (sorry, that's Punk'd for the Millennials out there)  Does that mean the gains I made aren't valid? 

Joking aside... there ARE a few more problems on the newly unveiled Science practice test (16 as opposed to 12), but otherwise it does seem recycled.  I'm going to keep quiet until I've gone back through the other three sections.  Color me confused.   

Jason Guard

Greetings-

Good afternoon.  My name is Ted Oparnico, Special Education Program Manager at the Idaho Department of Corrections.  We are closing out the 2002 GED and gearing up for the 2014 GED.  However, I am having a very difficult time locating any 2014 GED Curriculum that I can start sharing with my colleagues.  Can you provide any direction as to when and where I can locate new curriculum?

Respectfully,

Ted

It seems like every week we hear news about states that are adopting new tests. We are trying to keep track of it here: http://www.newreaderspress.com/HSESummary.aspx

I think it's interesting that Tennessee chose to offer the GED test plus the HiSet test--and they are going to track the popularity of each. I wonder if any other states will offer multiple alternatives.

Hello Terrie,

As you mentioned these are exciting times for states and students.

As an update, 8 states have opened their HSE test to a competitive bid process and all 8 have chosen a new vendors test.  Three states (NJ, NV, WY) have each released formal Request for Qualification bids for HSE tests and all 3 anticipate approving multiple tests for use.  As you mention Tennessee also has multiple tests approved but they used a different process then the RFQ used by the other 3.

There are currently 2 states (Massachusetts and West Virginia) evaluating RFP responses with selection announcements expected shortly.

Three to five additional states will release RFPs for a competitive bid this Fall for the start of 2014. 

Another 20-30 states are anticipated to issue competitive RFPs in 2014 to compile with state procurement laws.

So the next few years will certainly see a lot of excitement and change.

Regards,

Mike Johnson
National Adult Education Manager
CTB/McGraw-Hill

Iowa is one of seven states (so far) turning to the HiSET test in 2014, produced by ETS.  It will mirror the current GED with 5 tests and the same number of minutes for each test, but it can be computer administered (for greater test security) or given on paper for those with diabilities or no typing skills. It is aligned to the Common Core Standards in English and Reading at this point;  they will align more areas as the high schools do. All for $50. with two free re-tests in each subject and OPTs for $7.50 that you buy and duplicate yourself!  Adult Education and Literacy coordinators and instructors throughout our state are hoping that the reality lives up to the promise -- and that these new instruments will be accepted by businesses and colleges in the same way the GED was.

I agree with Dan. I immediately clicked on the link and then ... deja vu all over again!

But, in this case, it seems like you get what you pay for. And I do think this free test will serve a purpose. For one thing, it will demonstrate what the computer test looks like. So students can get an idea of whether they are ready for the electronic test before they pay for the OPT. That way if they need a little computer practice first, they can get it. And, likewise, students who fear they are not ready for a computer test may find that it's not so scary.

And, I also had to remind myself that even though I am familiar with the content from the item samplers, students are probably not.

So, is it a bit disappointing? Yes. For those of us who have been anxiously awaiting the new test, it's kind of old news. But is it still a step forward? Yes.

For those who were looking to really dive into a normed practice test to build their instruction backwards from the test, I guess they'll have to wait until late November for the GED Ready. But will that even satisfy the educator's appetite for practice tests?  I'm assuming that come late-November, teachers will have to sign up for a learner account at GEDTestingService.com, buy a GED Ready practice test, and then take the test as if they were a student.  But how will they save the test questions for reference? 

I do think it's interesting that the Item Sampler has gone from a downloadable compressed file to a web-based application. That is one of the big differences between the computer-based GED test and GED Ready.  The practice test will be web-based.  

Jason Guard

Essential Education

jason@essentialed.com 

Colleagues interested in the HSE landscape,

According to an article in the WV Gazette http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201310140150 GED(r) students in West Virginia who do not complete all five tests before December 2014 will have a grace period until January, 2015. "People who have passed parts of the current version of the GED test will now be able to save those scores for up to one year after the state begins using a new version of the test next year." Apparently counting completed 2002 tests is a condition for test vendors bidding on the HSE test in Virginia. I wonder if any other states are doing that, or if there is more information on this available from West Virginia.

Dsavid J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

Thanks Mike,

I also appreciate learning that the decision to carry scores over or accept previous scores that have met state requirements is up to each state, not to the test publisher. That makes me wonder if other states are considering doing this and, if not, why not?

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

David,

I could be wrong about this, but it strikes me that GEDTS makes it a stipulation of its contract with each state/jurisdiction that it will not accept previous scores on the 2002 GED test once the GED 2014 test goes "live" in january.  If there are folks from other states that have contracts with GEDTS for the GED 2014 that have head something different than this, I would very much like to know that.

It is my observation that GEDTS has made the non acceptance of previous GED test scores a requirement for jurisdictions that singn on for GED 2014.

Best,

Jon Engel from Texas

My understanding is that GEDTS does not have the ability (database-wise) to comingle paper-based and computer-based scores. Therefore, unless the state has this ability, which we do not (KY), students begin and end on paper or begin and end on computer. We have, however, instituted a very strong, student focused marketing campaign for the last year, our VP was a panelist, along with Martin Kehe, on Kentucky Educaitonal Television's Education Matters broadcast creating awareness of the conclusion of the 2002 GED test and changes to the new test, we alerted our adult education programs to the testing deadline in KY, and employed extra Examiners to travel to sites that may need additional testing.

Thanks Franklin,

I believe that states are handling the test score carry over issue in a variety of ways, but I believe that what is key is that it is up to the state, not the HSE test publisher whether or not to carry test scores forward and if so, how.

I wonder how other states are handling the question of whether or not to carry over GED(r) 2002 series test scores for students who have passed some but not all five tests.

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

Hi David,

Your observation regarding the decision as to whether or not to combine GED® 2002 Test Series scores with HSE assessments in 2014 being a state's decision is correct in respect to ETS® and CTB/McGraw-Hill®.  However, GEDTS (publisher) has decided for states that only offer the GED® that it will not accept the 2002 test series scores in combination with the 2014 series.  So only ETS and CTB/McGraw-Hill with the HiSET and TASC respectively allow for the state to make the decision. Additionally, ETS® offers a document that shows the relationship of the HiSET™ scores to the GED® 2002 Test Series scores http://hiset.ets.org/s/pdf/scores_crosswalk.pdf on the HiSET information for States and Educators section of their website.

Greetings-

Good afternoon.  My name is Ted Oparnico, Special Education Program Manager at the Idaho Department of Corrections.  We are closing out the 2002 GED and gearing up for the 2014 GED.  However, I am having a very difficult time locating any 2014 GED Curriculum that I can start sharing with my colleagues.  Can you provide any direction as to when and where I can locate new curriculum?

Respectfully,

Ted

Hi Ted,

I just attended a presentation of five different vendors we invited to present to our adult administrators on GED 2014.  Several of those who we invited are listed on the GEDTS website as they have partnerships with GEDTS.  A lot of their software will be coming out later this month.  Most had software that simulated the question-types on the actual tests- e.g., Drop down, multiple choice, drag and drop, short response. Edmentum's software translates into (7) different languages. HMH comes in Spanish and English.

The following  publishers were represented.

McGraw Adult-McGraw Hill Education- text and computer-based

Edmentum  813.421.1073- Plato computer-based program (Also does HS Credit Recovery)

Essential Education/GED Academy - New (avitar-like) on-line program that was bought for our Corrections programs.- Appears to be going very well.  (Consultants: Bonnie Goonen and Susan Pittman- Nat'l GED Trainers)

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (formerly Steck-Vaughn) Blended Learning- Workbook with online program\

Pro-Literacy/New Reader Press- Mostly text-based (non-profit)

These are others on the GEDTS website, Hope you find this helpful.

Meryl Eisenberg, Broward County Schools

Hi Ted - we have a webpage with information about the different publishers producing curriculum for the 2014 GED test. There are a wide variety of choices in different formats - we've been working with many of these publishers for the last couple of years to ensure they have the requisite info to produce materials aligned to the 2014 GED test. Here is the webpage http://www.gedtestingservice.com/educators/2014-publishers

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me Nick Laul @ GED Testing Service 952-681-3839