(Rescheduled) Webinar: Time for the U.S. to Reskill?

Join the U.S. Department of Education, American Institutes for Research, and adult education advocates for a webinar on Thursday, March 13, from 1:00pm-3:00pm ET. 

NOTE: new date! The original February date was postponed due to weather. Please use this link to register for the rescheduled webinar.

With the recent release of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)’s Program for International Assessment of Adult Competencies, (PIAAC) demonstrating the direct relationship between skills and economic security, health, and educational advancement, there is even more urgency to address the needs of low-skilled learners and equip the teaching workforce to help such students achieve their academic and economic goals.

The Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE) launched a national engagement effort on November 20 to explore ways to increase our national capacity to improve the foundation skills of adults in the United States. OVAE is particularly interested in engaging with adult educators to solicit their input into a forthcoming national action plan.

This webinar will be an opportunity to receive a briefing on the PIAAC data, the OECD’s special report on America’s low-skilled population, Time for the U.S. to Reskill?, and engage in a focused discussion about the issues facing adult education.

To prepare for the webinar, see the Consultation Paper, which provides background on the skills issue and the framework for the national action plan. The discussion will continue online in various groups within the LINCS Community of Practice.

Register here for the webinar and help us spread the word among practitioners!

Comments

Hi, I'm interested in this webinar, but the two links in the summary that direct us to sign up or get more information go to a page indicating the webinar was cancelled.

Tonya

Hi Tonya.

I just tested the link and found it is working for me. You might try a few things with your browser: reloading the page, clearing your browser cache/deleting browser history. Below is the full url:

https://air-license.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?nomenu=true&siteurl=air-license&service=6&rnd=0.5188908539246649&main_url=https%3A%2F%2Fair-license.webex.com%2Fec0606l%2Feventcenter%2Fevent%2FeventAction.do%3FtheAction%3Ddetail%26confViewID%3D1509462569%26%26%26%26siteurl%3Dair-license

When the page comes up, look on the top left next to "Event Status", it shols say, "not started (register)", and the word Register is a link.

Good luck and let me know if you continue to have issues!

Christine

Group Administrator